chapter 5

"Then you really are a special kind of idiot. Your naivete would be charming if your weakness wasn't so pathetic. Is this how it is on your planet-- everybody swayed by sentiment? Is everyone here really so weak? The Reich will change that. The weak will be eliminated. Your entire world will be enslaved, but you, you You won't be around to witness it. He is going to feel your skull crack under the weight of his boot. Everyone you care about, everyone you love, they're going to die badly In ways that would give even monsters nightmares. I really wish that I could live to see it," he told Oliver, before reaching into his mouth and pulling a fake cyanide tooth out of his mouth.

"No. T--Tommy, don't!" Oliver yelled, rushing to open the doors as Tommy started foaming at the mouth. By the time the doors had opened, the Merlyn was dead.

Oliver closed his eyes for a second. It just seemed like the Merlyn's had been doomed from the start on every Earth.

//.//

When Callie opened her eyes, she was not expecting to have been met with the barrel of a gun.

She groaned slightly, her voice coming out strange and distorted from the mask that was covering her face. Tilting her head as she attempted to look around, Callie instantly recognised her surroundings. She was in Star Labs, this was the medical room, she had been here before.

Looking to her right, she noticed Oliver leaning against the metal table beside her. Barry was standing beside him, a scowl across his face as he noticed that she had moved. Nudging Oliver, both men turned their full attention to the girl that was restrained on the table.

Stein and Caitlin had managed to stop the bleeding on her wound and had removed the arrow from her stomach to stitch it up. They needed her alive to find out who she was and what she wanted with them. Oliver was also keen to find out why she had turned against the others to help him.

Callie looked up at the gun to see who was holding it. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw her Sara for the first time in three years. All of them looked exactly like they were when she had left, making her wonder if time had passed differently for her than it had for them. The blonde was looking down at her with such hatred that Callie wondered if this was how Sara had felt when she had been brainwashed.

"Why won't your mask come off?" Oliver asked gruffly, moving to stand beside her as she struggling slightly against the restraints. His question made more sense to her as she realised why she was being restrained by them - they had no idea it was her behind the mask.

Callie paused for a second before she spoke. "There is a button behind my ear," she muttered, but the mask made her voice sound deep and intimidating. She understood why the mask was used but now it was just a waste of time for her, especially as she just wanted to be back with her friends and family.

The second Barry pressed the switch for the mask behind her ear and it disappeared, all three of the superheros let out loud gasps and moved backwards as they realised who was on the table in front of them.

"Guys?"

__

Jax watched the monitor patiently as he waited for the masked figure to wake up. He noticed Barry and Oliver talking while Sara had been holding her gun to the figure incase they were stronger than anticipated.

"It's strange, isn't it?" Iris broke the silence in the room as they all waited on Barry, Oliver and Sara to return from speaking to the mysterious Earth-Xer. "How someone can be alive on different worlds but dead here?"

A murmur of agreement spread throughout the room at the thought of different versions of themselves being placed throughout different worlds. Stein and Jax shared a look at the thought of their dead teammate being alive on a different Earth.