chapter 6

"Guys?" Sara whispered, causing the men to turn around. "It's true."

There was a deafly silence throughout the room before Sara finished confirming what they hadn't thought was possible.

"It's Callie. Our Callie."

//.//

"Why are they staring at her like that?" Jax asked the room as the camera flickered back to life. Everyone watched as Sara slowly turned to face the raven-haired girl, the two boys in the room both having massive grins on their faces.

__

"He's gone," Earth-X Oliver said as he closed his fist around the biosensor receiver that he carried around with him.

Thawne turned around to face Oliver, not a single ouch of sympathy in his body. It was their fault Merlyn had been captured, he had told them plenty of times that storming the church was not the best plan they had formed. "Who? Merlyn?"

"The biosensor in his suit indicates his heart stopped," the man told them as he let the small sensor slide back into one of the pockets on his black and red suit. Tommy had been his best friend, but there was no time to show weakness or grief.

"He always seemed kind of soft to me," Thawne muttered, trying to get a rise out of Oliver. He knew that the man was attached to the Merlyn and he really just liked to push people's buttons. While Oliver was clearly upset about his friend's death, Thawne only saw it as a positive that both of the Merlyns had been left behind on Earth-One.

"Oliver," Kara spoke gently, trying to keep him calm and collected. The man didn't turn around to face her but he knew that they both could sense the anger that was radiating off of him at the thought that his friend had been killed or forced to kill himself at the hands of their counterparts.

"He died for you and we will make his death worthwhile," Oliver monotoned, making sure that his friend wasn't going to have given up his life for nothing. He knew that they had a back-up plan waiting but it wasn't even crossing his mind at that exact second.

"That doesn't change the fact that now we're down a man!" Thawne teased, a sick smirk on his face as he prodded Oliver.

"Keep your focus where it belongs and get to work on locating that Prism!" Oliver turned, his resolve snapping as he finally had enough of the speedster who had travelled to find them and help them on their plan of attack. The man craved vengeance on the Flash, and he knew that this joint mission to take down all of the teams on that Earth was a good idea.

"Watch your tone, or I'll watch it for you," Thawne continued to tease, knowing that any second Oliver was going to properly snap and attack him.

He was right. Oliver turned to face him, pausing for a second before lunging forward and pinning him against a concrete pillar in the room. An arrow was held against his chest as Oliver held himself back from killing the man in front of him.

"Oliver!" Overgirl yelled, surprised that he was acting out all of a sudden.

"Did you just tell me to watch my tone?"

"You're angry, and I like it."

"Don't you mock me."

Thawne laughed coldly at Oliver, surprised that the man would try to go against him when he was the superpower one in this equation. "Don't threaten me, or have you forgotten?" He started, allowing his hand to begin to vibrate as he moved it towards Oliver's chest. "I can end your life before you birth your next thought."

Just as his hand moved closer, it was snatched in a vice-like grip by Overgirl. Kara was glaring intensely at him as she squeezed a little tighter on his wrist.