chapter 7

"Sara, I told you last time we were separated," Callie spoke gently, thinking back to the last time that Sara and her had shared a dramatic reunion. "I'll always come back to you."

They kissed once more as they realised that this was really happening. Sara laughed slightly as Callie squeaked in surprise at the sudden kiss attack that she had sprung on her.

In the background, Oliver knew that the couple would have plenty of time to continue with their reunion later - but there were more pressing matters at hand. He cleared his throat, a smile on his face as his childhood friends both turned around to look at them with shared smiles.

"Now, Callie, I think we've got a long conversation to get started on."

//.//

"So I thought I'd surprise you guys, but when I got to the loft none of you were in," Callie told Oliver as everyone gathered in the medical bay while Cailtin, Stein and Cisco ran tests on the girl. They wanted to make sure that nothing else had been done to her that was going to potentially danger them in the future.

Oliver shrugged, the rest of them having already figured this out. Sara lovingly was looking at Callie from across the room, trying to keep herself from getting in the way of the scientists as they continued to check on the physical condition of their friend.

"Then they just jumped out, clocked me over the head and that was that," Callie informed them, realising that she was forgetting the major detail - who "they" were.

Barry furrowed his eyebrows, going in to ask more about the whole situation. Unfortunatey for them all, Felicity came jogging in with Cisco on her tail. The two techs were out of breath from the speed they had ran through to the room with.

"We know what they're trying to get!" Felicity told them, causing the rest of the teams to all jump into action. Callie blinked a few seconds longer than the rest, trying to let her brain jump into the action the way it used to. Three years of being away from the teams, her team, had certainly taken a little bit of a toll on her. They all started moving quickly, darting around the room and taking part in fast paced conversations.

"We can't all go," Alex and Sara both declared at the same time, the two sharing an awkward look before the red-head stuttered and blushed slightly, not meeting Sara or Callie's eyes. Callie furrowed her brow slightly as she caught the look that was shared between the two but she shoved it to the back of her mind as the rest continued their conversations.

"Team leaders?" Iris suggested, not liking the idea of sending Barry out against an enemy they still weren't sure of but she knew that he was more suited than her little brother or any of their team was to handle an unknown threat. Oliver let out a rough mumble of agreement as he turned to look at Kara, the alien nodding in agreement.

As the room fell silent, everyone turned to look at Sara to see what she was going to do. The blonde tilted her head slightly as she pursed her lips.

"I know it's a serious situation, but I'd really like to sit this one out," Sara informed everyone. She was expecting at least one comment from someone about how there wasn't any time for her to take a step back but no negativity came near her. It was as if everyone understood that while the end of the world might have been on their doorstep Callie and Sara deserved a moment to be reunited without everyone watching them.

Callie watched everyone move out of the room, the only person staying behind being the blonde that she still hadn't had a moment alone with since she discovered exactly what Earth she had travelled to with the Nazi versions of themselves.

The blonde smiled, walking across the room to stand in front of where Callie had been sitting perched on cabinet beside the medical sink in the room. She was rubbing slightly at a small cut across the top of her face that Caitlin had just finished stitching up for her.