chapter 18

P.S WHILE THIS IS FOLLOWS CANON OF MOST OF THE ARROWVERSE, THE OTHER TIMELINES OF THE OTHER SHOWS ARE NOT CANON IN THIS AND THE NEXT CHAPTER FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS STORY. SO NO MOANING PLS AND THANKS XOXO

____

Oliver sighed as he walked into the base, slamming his arrow down as he rubbed at the stubble that had formed over his jaw. He could hear Diggle's heavy footsteps behind him as the rest of the team all jumped at the loud noise of the metal bow hitting the glass table.

Felicity looked at him with slight sympathy, knowing that the mission that the two men had just been on hadn't gone the way that they had hoped for at all. Moving forward, she gently rested a hand on his arm as he sighed while looking at the rest of the team.

"We should have stopped him if we had just gotten there quicker," Oliver gruffly muttered out, blaming himself for their failure to prevent the murderer from escaping.

"We tried our hardest, man," Diggle told him, patting his shoulder as he moved past the man to hang his jacket up on the back of one of the chairs. Oliver nodded in defeat, knowing that they would have another chance to stop the man later on.

Looking around and noticing that there was one of the newer members of their team missing, Oliver turned to Curtis and Dinah in confusion.

"Where did Rene go?"

His question was answered by the door opening and the man in question strolling into the room with a rather large take-out order from Big Belly Burger in his hands and an even larger smile across his face. Noticing Oliver's unimpressed look, he faltered for a second before the man dropped the guise and appreciatively smiled at the box that he was passed once the food had been sat down on the table.

Just as they all began to dig in - no-one mentioning their loss - Felicity noticed the small envelope that Rene had carried in with the take-out. Moving to look at it, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she studied the writing on the front.

"Mr Hood Smoak and His Friends?" She read out loud, scoffing as she lifted the envelope for the rest to see.

Oliver stopped eating immediately, a rush of confusion and danger entering his chest as he realised that the letter was obviously addressed to the team. Noticing that everyone had turned to study his reaction to the letter, he moved forward and received it from Felicity's outstretched hand.

Turning it over, he noticed that there was no return address, but rather a series of numbers.

"12282017?" He questioned, confused at what he was reading.

"Who puts numbers as a return address?"

______

Iris stood beside Caitlin with a soft smile on her face as the two girls watched Barry and Cisco playfully banter about the Christmas decorations that they were attempting to hang up around the labs. She would have loved to say that the boys had been great at team working when it came to the task at hand, but the fact that Joe had managed to decorate half of the room before they had even picked out one bauble for the tree seemed to tell her otherwise.

Caitlin smiled as Joe sighed, joining the two girls as they watched the boys bicker about what colour scheme would look better on the tree: Cisco's idea of blue and grey or Barry's plea of red and yellow.

"Can someone please just pick something?" Harry asked, walking into the room with a handful of letters as he sat down at the office chair behind the control panel of the main room. Dumping the letters to his right, the man swung his feet on to the table as he began to make his way through them.