chapter 19

Oliver smiled, looking at everyone else who seemed confused. Mainly because they still weren't sure whose wedding it was and why they were all invited.

"It's where Callie and Sara first met," he explained, pausing as he remembered the day. "I can't believe they're finally getting married."

//.//

"Look, as long as we can keep this from the Time Bureau I'm sure it'll be fine," Jax assured the rest of the team as he spoke softly to them in the corner. They all quickly paused as a loud laugh came from Callie and Sara as the two were in conversation with Diggle and Oliver from the other side of the room.

Everyone else was currently giving the legends a wide berth, clearly being able to tell that the disastrous team was planning another one of their reckless ideas.

"Are you sure this will work?" Amaya asked, her voice laced with uncertainty as they finished listening to the proposition that Jax had laid out in front of them. She knew that his idea was ludacris, but if they could pull it off then it would certainly be worth the hassle.

"Theoretically, yes. As long as we remember to return them and their memories to their previous states then it shouldn't be a problem," Nate inputted, his eyebrows furrowed as he warmed up to the idea that they had all began to deeply consider.

As the team all looked back to where their Captain had been joined by her father they couldn't help but find themselves falling deeper in love with the plan. This was going to be Callie and Sara's perfect day and if there was anything they could do to make it one to remember, they certainly were going to do that.

"Okay," Ray agreed, taking on the mantle of ringleader as he clapped his hands and turned back to look at them. "Let's do this."

_____

Callie watched with a soft smile from the other side of the hall as Sara and Quentin spoke to each other. While they loved travelling through time and occasionally space, there was nothing quite like getting to come home and see your family.

Looking at how the father and daughter spoke to each other caused a small lump to form in Callie's throat as she watched them interact. She used to have that with her own father before he had gone off the rails and tried to literally kill everyone she had ever loved. While she could never forgive him, watching the Lance's almost made her wish that her father had been a better man and had been there with her today.

Oliver nudged Barry as he noticed how Callie was leaning against the bar at the side of the room watching her soon to be wife with a wishful look in her face. Following her eyeline, Oliver felt his heart sink slightly as he realised why Callie was staring at the family reunion with so much emotion in her eyes.

Barry turned to look at his friend, excusing himself from the conversation that they had been having with Alex and Cisco. Thinking back to the conversation that him and Oliver had shared the night before only reminded him of what they needed to speak to Callie about, and there was certainly no better time than now.

The raven haired girl felt slightly more at ease as the two men appeared on either side of her, Oliver passing her a champagne flute as he lightly squeezed her hand in arrival. She smiled, silently thanking him as she accepted the alcohol from his hand and turned away from intently watching the Lances to speak to Barry and Oliver.

"So," Barry interrupted just before she could say anything. "We think we know the answer but I'm going to ask anyway, me or Oliver?"

Callie squinted, confused as to what the man was asking of her. "You do remember I'm marrying a woman, yeah?" She checked with them both as they rolled their eyes at her.