chapter 16

Mick rolled his eyes, just wanting to get back on the road. "Boss. Ship's ready."

Sara nodded, waving goodbye to Alex. "Catch you on the other side."

"You hit that?" Mick asked with no hesitation as the three walked away from Alex. Callie sniggered, causing Sara to sigh at both of them. She lifted both arms as she smacked the two of them upside their heads.

"Shut up."

//.//

Callie sighed as she rolled over, moving her dark hair out of her face as she smiled softly at Sara. The blonde was rubbing her eyes, still trying to hold on to the last minutes of sleep before they would have to get up and continue on with their time travelling lives. She laughed lightly as Sara smacked at the alarm clock, groaning and muttering to herself as she sat up in bed.

Jumping ever so slightly at the noise that fell from Callie's lips, Sara felt her heartbeat accelerate in surprise at the dark haired girl who was propped up on her elbow watching her with a grin spread across her cheeks.

"Now that's a sight I'm glad to see again," Sara breathed, leaning forward and lightly pressing her lips against Callie's. The raven haired girl smiled into the kiss, using her free hand to gently brush the loose hair out of Sara's face as they pulled back.

Callie sighed as Sara moved out of the bed, tying her hair back as she went to move to get ready for the day ahead. She watched as the blonde barely cast another look backwards at her as she began to rummage through their shared wardrobe on the Waverider.

"You know," Callie mused, a slight rasp in her voice from just having woken up. "I thought that since this was our first day back on the Waverider after everything that's happened, you would maybe consider making up for lost time..."

She trailed off, the sultry suggestion hanging in the air as Sara chuckled to herself. The blonde made no pausing of her routine however as she continued to pick out her outfit for the day while gathering a new set of towels for her morning shower. Callie huffed slightly as Sara disappeared into their bathroom, slamming her head backwards on the pillows as she groaned at her failed attempt to seduce Sara.

Looking up slightly as she realised that the shower was yet to start, Callie almost choked on the air as she saw a half-naked Sara standing against the door frame with a wide smirk on her face. The blonde was studying her intently, a hint of mischief in the air as she laughed at Callie's shock.

"Are you coming or what?" Sara asked, turning around and heading into the bathroom, laughing at the scrambling noises she heard from Callie rushing into the bathroom behind her.

____

"Gideon said that you wanted to see me," Callie announced her arrival to Leo Snart as she walked into the library, her hair still dripping wet from her shower with Sara and no shoes on her feet - but rather a pair of bright red fluffy socks. He squinted at her attire before shaking his head and remembering why he had summoned the girl to the room.

"Come in. Have a seat," he drawled as he motioned to the seat on the other side of the desk he was sitting at. "You comfortable? I know the Legends have lost a friend. I've been there. I wanna help you guys through the grieving period."

Callie sighed, knowing that whatever he was about to do was not going to be any help in grieving the Professor. She had already compartmentalised it, something that she knew wasn't the best way to grieve but it was what she had always done and would always do. She had cried at the funeral - and she knew that the man wouldn't have wanted them to dwell on his life.