Prologue

The snow fell on her head, it was the middle of winter and Lucy Heartfilia is standing in front of the tall gates of the employer her agency gave her.

Her shoulders shivering because of mixed reasons, first because it's cold outside and all she have in her was a thin clothing she's wearing and because she's nervous for the fact she doesn't have any idea who her employer was and its her first time working abroad.

If she were to decide, she won't dare work for someone as an all around maid, but for her family— for her father's sake, she has to do so even if it's against her will.

After standing for at least quarter of an hour in front of the gates, she finally rang the doorbell. An old woman went out of the abode, with a smile on the lady's face, she went to where the blonde was.

"What can I help you?" Asked the lady, her hair is all white and her face were wrinkly, but Lucy knew that she was once a beautiful maiden when she was just about her age.

"I, uhm, I am Lucy Heartfilia. The agency send me here as a new maid for Mr. Natsu Dragneel." She uttered, voice a bit cracked because of the cold. The lady's lips went agape, but later on she opened the gates.

"Come in then." The lady said as she turn around and walked towards the home. Lucy put her palms together, rubbing it to emit some heat as she let out a breath on it before putting it in her cheeks.

When they entered the room, her eyes wandered in every corner of the house, it's not as big as she thought it would be, just enough for a family of five.

I can do this.

"So Lucy, I am Evangeline. I am the maid here for the last ten years, but since I am old, Natsu decided to get a new maid because I am retiring." Evangeline said, Lucy nodded her head, she doesn't know what to say, and the lady noticed it, "Are you afraid?" She asked. Lucy was startled at first but then she nodded her head.

"A little, it's my first time." She mumbled, cheeks flushed because of the weather, Evangeline laughed heartily as she pat Lucy on her back.

"You don't have to be afraid, Natsu's kind! He gave my grandchildren scholarship and gave my children some fund to run a business so that we could get a good life." Evangeline said, somehow Lucy felt relieved because of what the old lady said.

All Along she imagine Mr. Natsu Dragneel as an old man who has little hair on his soon-to-be-bald head, all wrinkly and very, very stern.

"Really?" She cannot help but utter, Evangeline nodded her head.

"Of course, plus he's the only one around, so you don't have to worry about dealing with other attitude. Every Friday night to Sunday you can go out and I suggest you to do so, because he's a bachelor and if you don't want to get disturbed by the noises of him and his girls on his room... if you get what I mean." Evangeline said, Lucy gulped, realizing that his employer is a casanova who is used with one night stand.

"Okay, thanks for the information." Lucy could only utter, but deep inside she's having second thoughts whether to run and never look back or just stay. The agency will get mad at her if ever but at least she's safe with her pervert employer.

No Lucy, you have to do this for your father.

That's the only thing that's keeping her from running, her father that is seriously ill.

"So, I'll go ahead now Lucy. Natsu will meet you here any minute." Evangeline said, she wanted to protest, but no words escaped her lips. She watched the lady disappear from her sight.

She waited for her employer to show for minutes, and each minute feels like an eternity for her. She made a soft beat on her lips because she cannot take the deafeninging silence.

She was startled when she heard footsteps from the second floor, she looked at the stairs and her eyes widen when she saw pink spiky hair, squinty jet black eyes, upturn nose, well defined jaw and a pinkish lips that seems to be redder than usual because of the weather, and even though he's wearing a button down long sleeves, she cannot help but notice how tone his muscles are.

Lucy gulped when their eyes met, for instance she saw his eyes widen, not expecting to see her in his house. She bit the insides of her cheeks, if only she knew that it was him, she should have rejected the agency even if the price is high. A snide formed in his lips when he's finally on the same floor as she is. If only she's not flabbergasted at the sight of him, Lucy should have turn around and left the house.

"Lucy, we meet again, Long time no see." Her employer said, in his eyes was seen the amazement of seeing her, "How are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm fine." She uttered languidly, she couldn't tore her eyes off him. She cannot help but point out his changes from back when she last saw him, he's a little bit thin that time but still has that charming look especially when he smiles... she hated it.

"How did you find out that I'm living here? How's your mom and dad?" He asked, her tears started to swell on her eyes, how could he talk normally to her when he's the main reason why she's doing this?

"Uhm, dad is... sick." She uttered, his smile faded because of what the blonde said, "The reason why I am here." She squeaked. His lips went agape, nodding his head as if understanding why she's there

"Sure I'll help. Tell me how much do you want. After all, your parents are dear to me." She feels like all her blood went on her head because of what he said, she glared at him, but it seems that her employer is used to her.

"I'm not here to ask you for money, I'm here to work. I didn't know that you're the employer my agency's talking about, if only I knew then I shouldn't have wasted my time here." She cannot help but raise her voice, his lips went agape as if he didn't realized that she's the new maid he hired. But then a  smirk slowly formed on his lips which sends shiver down the blonde's spine.

"You hardly change, Lucy. You're still that brat from years ago that would do anything just to drive me away." He mumbled, with her hands formed into a fist, she cannot help but shed a tear.

She let out a deep breath before she turn around and walked away.

He is Nigel, her long lost foster-brother.

                                                          ~*~

NEW STORY OUT! WOOT WOOT! I HOPE YOU STILL SUPPORT ME LIKE BEFORE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

S e r e n a d e T h i s   s i g n i n g  I n...