Chapter 2

A/n: so, Charlotte actually let her hair go long. its like in the picture above (because shes on the run and everything)
______

Winchester England - 3 weeks after Joe

"Yeah. I already told you that I can't have it done by Monday. If you just give me a few days to meet the dead line-" Charlotte pauses abruptly, being interrupted by the voice on the phone.

She rolls her eyes as she walks up the steep stairs, her hands filled with paperwork and files.

She growls into the phone, desperation inching up her.

"And I already told you that I can't have it done by tomorrow." She says, anger tinting her tone.

She reaches her apartment floor, her head leaning to the side as she tries to balance her phone on her ear while rummaging through her purse to find her keys.

"Look, Adam, you can go to whomever you want and ask them to do this for you, and I assure you, no one is going to have it done by Monday either, so it means that-" Charlotte stops abruptly as she watches the door, frowning as she finds it hanging slightly open.

Her hand reaches for her phone and looks around the hallway in a suspicious manner, her eyes narrowing before putting her phone on her ear once again.

"You know what Adam, I'm going to have to call you back" She says into the phone as she hangs up, her eyes never leaving the door.

She slips the phone slowly into her purse, grabbing ahold of her hand gun and laying her files on the floor quietly before pushing the door open slightly with her foot.

She creeps in slowly, looking around her apartment, her gun held high and her back tense.

She turns the corner, heading into the living room when she sees a silhouhette on her window.

Her senses heighten, and she clicks her bullet into place.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" She demands, her tone not wavering as she takes a step towards the person.

"I said, who are you?" She questions again, her tone deadly and vicious as she pulls the bullet int the chamber.

The person raises their arms slowly, turning around with a smile on his face.

"And I thought you'd recognize me" He says, his tone smug.

Charlotte opens her mouth, a retort on the tip of her tounge, but she falls silent, her face turning pale as she looks at the man's face.

Then she pulls the gun down slowly, sighing out the words.

"James?"

___

James's heart stops for a few seconds when he turns around to face her. In two years he'd thought not much would have changed, but apparently he was wrong.

Her hair had long grown out past her shoulders, framing her face. Her eyes, which had once been pure snark and wittiness were now tinted with coldness and bitterness. James wondered for a moment what had happened.

Her skin had lost that healthy glow that it had once had, and her lips had lost their colorHe scanned her face, his eyes stopped at the bags under her eyes for a moment before trailing downwards. She had clearly lost weight. Her cheeks were sunken in, and her pants seemed overly baggy on her.

James tries to compress a shiver. Seeing her like that... it was like she had been living a nightmare. It hurt his soul to see her like that.

Still, he shrugged it off and put on a smile, as if they had seen each other for lunch just yesterday