Flashback

Before you read this: This chapter is going to be a bit violent. It's not much, since there are people who don't like it (Me including) , but what happens in this chapter is going to be the reason that Charlotte's afraid of the dark. If you don't want to read this I understand, there will be a summary on the bottom of the chapter  without any details so that you know what happened.

This chapter is also to raise awareness about how women are treated, and how they are expected to follow and do whatever everyone wants to do, and that saying no to someone isn't always safe, so please, if you have gone though something like this chapter's about to show, please please please talk to someone, it isn't good to keep things to yourself! And if you need to talk to someone, my hands are wide open, and you always have a friend to talk to.

___

Scotland - 7 months after Kong.

Charlotte wipes out the beer glasses with her rag, setting them on the counter, one after another.

The loud music echoes through the pub, drunk men everywhere as they laugh, shout and sing to the upbeat irish music.

Charlotte lets out a tired sigh, turning to the next man in line.

"Hi, welcome to Tannie's Pub, what can I get for you?" She asks, a forced smile on her face.

The man, in his early 30's smiles at her.

He's in no doubt handsome, with blue eyes and brown hair, and dimples on his cheeks.

"Oh, we 'ave an English lady here" He says smiling, his scottish accent showing.

Charlotte fakes a smile, cocking her head to the side.

"Yeah, I'm from England. So what can I get for you?" She asks once again, her eyebrows raised.

The man chuckles, shaking his head jokingly.

"I'll get some beers for me 'n my buddies over there" He says, pointing to the table on the far back.

Charlotte turns to look at the men. All of them are staring back, drunken smiles on their faces.

The man turns back to look at Charlotte.

"See, I told 'em I would ask you out, so now they're waiting for ye to say yes" He says, smiling as he looks at her.

Charlotte takes a look at the men on the other side of the noisy bar and then turns back at the man, giving him a sympathetic look.

"That's a really good offer, but I'll decline. Thank you, though" She says, smiling at the man, nodding as she talks.

The man stares at her for a second, his smile fading.

"What?" He asks after a moment, his eyes narrowing as he cocks his head to the side in slight confusion.

Charlotte leans forward on her hands in the counter, staring at the man, not breaking eye contact.

"I'm sorry, I don't think you understood. I do not  want to go out with you" She tells him, offering him a completely fake smile before pulling back from the counter and standing straight.

"So, how many beers is it going to be?" She asks once again, brushing off the previous comments.

The man looks at her, disgust clearly etched on his face, but Charlotte ignores it, and rather looks at him innocently.

The man shakes his head angrily, letting out an angry scoff.

"Ye know what? Forget it" He mutters, already turning around and walking towards the table.