Epilogue

3 years later

Bristol, England

_

"Hey, hey, hey, calm your tits!" 

"I'm calm!" 

"Like hell you are!" 

He paces around the room, breathing heavily as he rubs a hand through his hair. 

"If you don't calm down I'm walking through that door and you're never going to see me again," she warns. 

There's a short pause.

"Okay. I'm calm now."

"Thank you." There's a pause "Bloody hell, what are we going to do now?" 

She turns to look at his stricken face, hesitating. 

"Are you happy about it?" She finally asks, her voice curious. 

James stops completely, turning to her. 

"Happy? Happy? I'm more than happy" He walks to her, a smile on his face.

"Yeah?" she asks, a smile edging on her face as well. 

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be? I mean, I'm with the woman of my dreams" He assures.

He presses his lips to hers, taking her aback for a moment. 

She pulls back, smiling. 

"But I mean, what are we going to do? Are we ready for this?" she asks. 

"I don't know if we are, but we have a while to figure it out, don't we?" he tells her giddily. 

"Wow" he breathes out, finally taking it in. "we have to call Mason, and Ford, and-" 

"Why don't we just keep it ourselves for a while" She proposes, shrugging. 

James pauses for a second, before nodding. 

"Whatever you want, love" 

Then he pumps his fists in the air, grabbing her by the waist, hoisting her in the air as he twirls in circles. 

"I love you? Do you know that? I love you so, so much" 

Charlotte laughs, shaking her head at his manners. 

"Put me down before I hit you" She warns, her eyebrows rising. 

James puts her down, unable to wipe the smile off his face. 

"and I love you too," she tells him after a moment, wrapping her arms around his waist. 

James lets out a happy breath, shaking his head as he kisses the top of her head. 

For three years they had been living happily. At first, things had been rough, Charlotte had a hard time getting used to sharing her thoughts, but James always reminded her that she wasn't alone anymore and that she had him. 

Slowly but surely James had uncovered a whole new side to her. 

One that sang when she was getting ready for the day or liked to hug him at random times to make sure he was real and not just part of her imagination. 

Things were really good. Charlotte had always wanted to help people, and she got to do that now. 

James had also gotten a job that he liked. They had a good income, and his job required them to move every five months, something that Charlotte really liked because she couldn't stay in the same spot for a long period of time. She liked different and new.

That way she could always help new people. 

James and she were happy. While they hadn't gotten married, and probably wouldn't for a while, if ever, they were happy. 

They didn't need marriage to know that they loved each other, and if they really thought about it, marriage wasn't for either of them. 

They'd stayed in contact with Ford, going to visit him once in a while. They had become close friends with his family. 

While the family had met not in the best of circumstances, their bond had grown to be strong. 

Thought Charlotte still had nightmares, they had almost stopped. Both her and James had helped each other grow and learn more about themselves and each other than ever before. 

Charlotte was happy, she was happy

She smiles into James's chest, her heart speeding up. 

This news was something new and surprising to both. 

They hadn't expected it-not at all- but they were happy. 

"I love you, Charles. So much" James whispers as he hugs her. 

Charlotte looks up at him, her eyes gleaming as she kisses him, pulling away for a moment she mutters against his lips. 

"Are you ready to be a dad?"