1

There were so many people in the world who would die to have a child

To experience birth

To watch their wife give birth

To hold their babies all the time

To raise them and give them the life every child deserves.

And it just seemed

The ones who don't deserve the gift of children always get children

And the ones that would be good parents are heartbroken; never able to experience the one thing they've always wanted.

I held my sobbing little sister in my arms- holding my tears in as much as I could from my own pain.

I couldn't stop one of the multiple hits he delivered- which hit her lip- busting it.

I held a rag to her lip, trying my best to calm her as well as I could; knowing he would come back if he continued to hear her.

"You have to be brave for me sissy, okay?" I whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, pulling the rag away and seeing a small cut, nothing that extremely stressed me.

I sat on the floor as she bathed before letting her play on the floor with her toys quietly as I showered.

I changed into shorts and a t shirt before grabbing her hands, helping her to her feet.

I made a barrier of pillows on the edge of my bed, putting her in the middle before laying on the other side, pulling her as close to me as I could get her.

"Does it hurt?" She whispered, touching the newest bruise on my jaw.

"No sissy" I lied, kissing her head gently.

After a few minutes of watching a Disney movie- she was out cold, and my mom pushed my door lightly.

It was clear she had been crying

"I'm sorry" she whispered, rubbing my arm gently

"I can't make him stop" she cried out.

"Please go mom" my voice cracked lightly.

"I just want to go to sleep."

"I love you Christina" she whispered, making me hum lightly in response.

"I love you Allie" I whispered into my little sisters hair, pecking her forehead gently after.

I woke up to my alarm.

I got up, getting myself fully ready for school before slowly starting to wake Allie up- dressing her while she was still half asleep.

I picked her up once I finished, carrying her downstairs, feeling my body aching every step that I took.

I sat her at the dining table, fixing her cereal before sitting beside her, scrolling through my Twitter as she ate silently.

Once content- I braided her hair slowly, making sure I didn't hurt her in any way.

I then held her hand, moving back upstairs with her.

I helped her brush her teeth before throwing make up over the bruises on my neck and chin, nodding- good enough.

I grabbed my back, grabbing her hand and running downstairs with her.

We got outside and I put her into her car seat before getting in- starting the drive to her daycare.

"Sleepy?" I asked- seeing her eyes fluttering in the backseat from my rear view mirror.

"Yes" she mumbled quietly, stretching adorably.

"When I pick you up, how about you and I go get smoothies?" I offered, seeing her eyebrows raise.

"Can we?" She got visibly excited.

"Of course- anything for you cutie"

Anything for her.