19

The next morning I woke up to someone hitting my head- a little too hard considering I was asleep.

"Shit- I'm sorry" michael laughed out, finishing his stretch before looking completely at me.

"The girls stayed asleep all night?" He asked.

"No- they were both awake around two in the morning- Allie had a nightmare" I explained, seeing him nod.

"A traumatic thing for a kid to go through- we might need to get them to both talk their feelings out with a therapist" he spoke, making me nod in agreement.

"Last night- Christina told me about how she had some pain in her hipbone- she has a pretty damn big bruise and she was swollen- I put cooling rags on it, but it's something you need to look at." I informed him- seeing him nod, immediately sitting up to do so.

Not wanting to wake her- we carefully pulled the blankets back, pulling the cooling rags away where he looked at the bruised area.

"We need to get some x-rays, but I'm pretty sure this bone is cracked" he spoke, carefully running his fingers over it.

"What's your treatment plan, if that's what it is?" I questioned, earning a looking that told me that it wasn't great.

"I'll have to do shots straight into the joint to strengthen the bone so that she won't end up breaking a hip" he explained quietly- waking Luke in the process.

"I'm going to go book the x-rays- I'll be back" he dismissed himself, leaving the rest of us together.

"Allie is certainly attached to her- isn't she?" Luke grinned a tired grin.

I gave a firm nod, smiling to the two sleeping sisters, both looking more than exhausted.

Within minutes, Michael returned happily and announced "x-rays in an hour, we'll most likely bring her half asleep"

Just like said- I was soon carefully carrying a completely asleep Christina.

Her head rested on my shoulder- her body completely relaxed and limp, the medicine helping by keeping her in a heavy sleep.

I laid her on the x-ray bed- adjusting her shirt and shorts to the way we needed them before going behind the screen.

We got the x-rays- Michael grabbing them as I very carefully picked Christina back up- making sure I didn't hurt her ribs or her stitches.

I felt her head adjust itself into my neck before her right hand lifted itself, resting on my collarbone.

I got her into her room- laying her back in bed- seeing Ashton holding a sleeping Allie into his chest.

I smiled- covering Christina as she adjusted herself- barely opening her bloodshot eyes before closing them completely.

I gently kissed her head- pushing a few hairs away from her eyes.

She hummed lightly- moving her head to where it was touching me.

"I'm so happy that you're safe- this time permanently."