33

I rubbed her shoulder gently as she threw up for the fifth time- nothing but fluids and medicines.

"Someone doesn't take medicine well- at all" luke spoke, moving to rub her back gently.

She let out a groan- whining towards the end up it.

"I think I'm done" she announced after a second of Luke and I sitting- waiting to see if it was going to happen again.

Luke kissed her head, his eyes diverting to the monitor- which showed her vitals to us.

"Her pulse-" "her blood pressure is high too" I spoke- knowing what he was going to point out.

"You might need to try to sleep off the rest of the medicines and give your body some more down time, cutie" luke spoke, knowing it was weird that she was awake before we were even scrubbed out.

"How's Allie?" She asked- completely ignoring his suggestion of sleeping

"Much better than you are" I spoke- closing the curtains in the room due to it getting dark.

"She's asleep?" She asked.

"Yes, and thankfully she isn't rejecting the liver, everything is turning out perfect so far" I spoke, making her nod lightly- her head falling back to lean against the bed.

I pushed her baby hairs off of her forehead- kissing her head gently.

"You should rest-" "don't leave me" she immediately mumbled- a pout coming to her lip, which made me smile.

"I'm not" I promised her, pulling a chair to sit closer to her.

"I won't leave this spot unless it's an absolute emergency."

I saw a small smile come onto her lips

"I would rather just have cuddles"

It didn't take much more until I was slowly climbing into bed with her, being very pre-cautious as I laid with her- pulling her into my hold.

"I'm not leaving you."