7

After doing the echo- it revealed that thankfully, there was no blood, meaning she would be perfect in a few days.

But the police hadn't got what they needed- and I soon saw her parents re-enter, uncuffed.

"What the-" "I can't arrest them for abuse with no proof and little accusation at all" the cop spoke simply.

"She's not speaking, the parents are more than nice, the kid didn't give anything away, for all we know- the kid could've gotten the bruises from a real high school fight" he whispered

"I can't arrest them, I'm sorry."

I went back in- more defeated than I've felt in a while.

"I'm very sorry for the accusation-" "no problem man, I understand, I'm glad there's people watching out for situations like that" George nodded nicely.

"My princess okay?" He asked.

"Yes" I breathed out, shaking it off, pulling her chart up

"She's just going to need about three more days off- which I'll excuse her for, she just needs to relax. If she coughs up anymore blood you need to take her here immediately-" "she was coughing blood?!" George almost yelled, looking to his wife.

"She did on the way here- yes" "holy fuck" he breathed out, covering his face- eyes wide.

I watched as he looked to his daughter, who was holding a sleeping Allie silently.

"You can ensure to me that she's going to be okay?" He asked.

"Her vitals are great, the blood pressure is a little spikey- but school has a lot of teenagers blood pressure that way, of course the bruises and bleeding isn't ideal- but I'm ninety eight percent sure she's going to be okay" I assured him.

His knee shook as he looked at her.

"Could that fight have killed her?"

I was purely honest when I answered

"If she would've received maybe three more hits- I don't know that she wouldn't have had some internal damage."

After that- Luke brought the discharge papers, which her mom sighed as the dad held his hands into his head- pulling at the roots of his hair.

I helped pick up Allie- handing her to George, who thanked me quietly as he held her sleeping body into his chest, holding her gently.

Maybe he wasn't abuse.

"I'd like to see her back in eight days, which will be on the 22nd, I'll just take her stitches out and make sure she's all good, it won't take five minutes." I spoke, helping Christina to her feet, letting my eyes scan her own.

"I'll bring her" George nodded lightly

Maybe I was wrong

Maybe it was all just a weird misunderstanding

As I watched the four of them walk to a car together, I had a gut feeling

I wasn't wrong.

And I wasn't going to stop trying to prove myself