5

I woke to my alarm, and as soon as I looked in the mirror- I marked school out, I certainly wasn't going- but I had to pretend that we were.

I got Allie dressed, not telling her that we were skipping yet.

I slipped into a pair of leggings and a big t shirt.

I replaced the bandaid that was over the cut below my eyebrow- noticing that it was still bleeding.

Allie and I walked silently down the stairs, I pulled my bag onto my shoulder- squeezing my eyes shut at the pain of it.

I had just got Allie out the door when my wrist was grabbed, pulling me back inside where I immediately just squeezed my eyes shut.

"Open your eyes" his voice spoke.

I opened them, feeling his hand take my bandaid off- leaving the stinging of it.

"Kaitlin!" My dad yelled my moms name.

"Yes?" My mom grinned, walking down the stairs in her robe.

"Your daughter need stitches- take her" I spoke, holding my jaw tight in his hand.

"No school?" My mom questioned.

"I can't send her to school like this- do you want them to send me to jail?"

My dad was a evil person, yes.

But he was in absolutely no way stupid.

"Take her to the ER- tell her she got into a fight at school, you stay silent and if you say a word your mother will tell me, understand?" He pulled my face closer.

"Yes sir" I mumbled

He nodded- letting me go completely.

Allie and I waited in the car as mom changed- soon running out and getting into the drivers side.

She held my chin gently, tilting my head to where she could see it.

She shook her head lightly- starting to drive.

Allie and I remained silent as my mom talked about work and how interesting it was.

And then- I got the coughs.

Luckily- I was able to get a napkin before I coughed blood up- hearing my moms loud gasp.

"How long has that been happening?!" She almost yelled.

"Since last night" I breathed out- leaning back into the seat.

"These are the things you have to talk to me about Chris!" She screamed.

"You could die, do you understand that?"

But would it honestly be so bad?

My mom rushed us into the hospital, I held Allie's hand, watching the nurse smile as she typed my information in.

"Dr.Hood will be treating you today- I can go ahead and get you to a room" she spoke simply.

She led us to the back- allowing me to sit on a bed, being nice enough to let me put Allie between my legs- holding her to my chest.

The nurse took my simple vitals, speaking to us the entire time, putting a different bandage over it.

I held Allie to me, feeling her playing with my fingers as we waited in silence.

Soon there was a small knock before a male entered with a nice smile.

"Dr.Hood" he introduced- and my heart dropped

I spoke to him on the phone last night

He shook my moms hand, turning full attention towards Allie and I.

"And who are you?" He asked nicely- bending as he smiled to Allie.

"Allie" she spoke simply, her head hitting my shoulder.

"And you must be the hug sister- Christina" he spoke with a smile, making me confirm his accusation.

"So, what did you do the bust your eye?" He asked quietly- slowly lifting the bandage away to look at the cut.

"She got into a fight with some kid at school" mom spoke swiftly.

He hummed lightly, pulling away- his eyebrows raised.

"They must've had some strength, you're pretty damn beat up" he spoke, and I watched his eyes scan over my face- focusing onto an area of my neck.

Calum.

I was very concerned about how true this story was.

First off, Christina didn't give me the vibes of a girl who would fight someone in school- especially someone who would hit her hard enough to not only bust her eye but her lip- along with multiple bruises.

And secondly- there was a perfect, large hand print bruised into her neck area.

"Okay" I spoke- pulling my eyes away from her neck and to my tablet.

"So I'm going to just numb the area, clean it a little and then give you maybe three stitches, that okay?" I asked her, seeing her give me a small smile.

I focused on numbing the cut as I heard Allie talking to her quietly trying to "make her feel better".

I didn't feel good about this situation- at all.

After numbing, I cleaned the cut, making sure it was sanitized before slowly starting my stitches.

"Also" her mom spoke, making me raise my eyebrows without looking to her completely.

"She was coughing up blood last night and she coughed up some this morning" she spoke- and that almost immediately made Christina and I make eye contact, which she quickly broke.

It could be a coincidence- but a young girl did call in last night about her cousin who got in a fight and was coughing up blood.

I didn't think it was.

"I'll check you out, make sure there's no fluids in your lungs or belly" I spoke to her, seeing her mom nod lightly.

I finished the stitches- making sure they were perfect before putting a small bandage over them- telling her the simple rules of it; to be careful.

"Okay- let me check these lungs" I exhaled, pulling her chart up to scam over it- seeing if she had a heart murmur or such- but a note caught my eye

Luke Hemmings- needs a check up, hasn't had one in five years

I hummed, turning to her mom.

"So one of our doctors actually marked in her chart that she needs a mandatory check up- she hasn't got one in five years" I explained.

I saw a look go trough their faces

"Can we schedule a different appointment for that?"