12

Monday.

"He wants to come get us tomorrow."  Christina mumbled as she sat on my desk, watching me read over a chart silently.

I looked to her- seeing no excitement in her facial expression.

"I can tell him that you're still feeling ill-" "I believe that his decision is already made" she spoke disappointedly, making me completely slide my chair to where I was in front of her.

"Are you sure you don't have anything you need to talk about?" I asked quietly.

"Like what" she almost whispered.

She knew the answer to that question.

"Like how all these bruises got here" I mumbled.

"How you just got over a concussion" I continued

"How your little sister cried when Michael picked her up unexpectedly." I finished, watching her blink as she looked away from me.

"I can't" she almost whispered.

"Baby, I can't make you admit it." I stressed towards her.

"I don't know what you're talking about" she spoke quietly as Luke entered, which made me grab her hands.

"We promise we will keep you the safest you will ever be- he won't even be able to touch you." I spoke to her simply, rubbing my thumbs over her knuckles, which made her look to our hands.

"Nothing is happening, Cal" she whispered, never looking to my eyes.

"You're hurting yourself sweetie" luke mumbled- joining the conversation.

"Like Cal said- we won't let him touch you nor Allie- you just have to talk to us."

For a split second- I swore it looked as if she was going to tell us

But then

"I'm not abused"

Luke breathed out
"Promise us that when you're ready- you'll come talk to us" he spoke.

"I promise" she mumbled out.

"Can I have a hug?" She spoke quietly- her eyes meeting my own.

"Of course" I spoke, leaning forward to completely hold her- pulling her small body into my lap, holding her tightly.

"I don't want anyone to hurt you" I spoke as Allie and Ashton walked in together.

"I protect my sissy" allie smiled immediately at the mention of my words

"I know you do" I immediately smiled towards her, letting her walk up to us, looking to her big sister.

"Is sissy sleepy?" She asked quietly

"I think sissy just has a lot to think about."