Chapter 4: Shopping Catastrophe

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Takumi's POV

"The supermarket? Did Arthur name it or something?" I joked. It was obvious that she didn't want me here, nor did she find my joke funny.

"No, it's called a supermarket because... I actually have no idea. But that doesn't matter. We're just going to get some fruit and go back. There's actually I reason I didn't want you to tag along... But whatever. Let's go, you're being slow." Vale frowned. No sense of humor, huh? Well maybe it's because she's planning to KILL us later. Well, I don't know for sure, but maybe she's going to poison our food.

"I'm not TRYING to be slow. YOU are walking slow and I don't know where the 'supermarket' is, so I'm not walking in front of you." I snorted. She sighed. I knew she was trying, but I won't give her the satisfaction of being 'friends' with me. After all, she's still not completely trustworthy yet... But I do like the idea of more bow training.

"Okay, okay, I get it. I'M the one who's slow. Well maybe I wouldn't be if SOMEONE hadn't ripped one of my favorite paper lanterns!" She yelled at me.

"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE PLACED THEM THERE!" I screamed back at her. People were staring at us now.

"Keep it down!" Vale whispered. "We're attracting attention! That's the last thing I would want to do right now!"

"Oh, come on! You started it!" I blamed.

"Well, now I'm going to END it!" She hissed.

"Fine! Let's just go!" And we headed off. Sometimes I really CAN'T stand her. Vale can just be so annoying! What's so important about that one damn paper lantern?

"Hey, Takumi, since it's pretty easy to navigate around here, can you go grab some peaches from over there?" Vale pointed to a section with lots of fruit. "And while you're at it, some apples too? And since there are a lot of you, grab like, maybe seventeen of each? I'll be in the pastry section." She walked off. I started to grab fruit and put them into small plastic bags.

"Hey, what's the big deal?" I heard a kid about my age yell at Sarah B., who I noticed was here too. Sarah B. had a bruise on her face, so he obviously punched her.

"Nothing is, Thomas!" Sarah B. growled. "You just started making fun of me!" So the boy was named Thomas.

"So are you blaming me? Because you shouldn't be!" Thomas started laughing. "Weaklings like you shouldn't-" I drove my fist into his face.

"Takumi!" Sarah B. recalled. "Why are you here?"

"Vale needed to go shopping." I shrugged. Thomas had a look of fear when I mentioned Vale. Why?

"Vale? You made friends with that crazy girl? She's HERE? I-I need to go!" Thomas ran out of the store. Why was he so afraid of Vale?

"What happened? Takumi, I saw you punching someone!" Vale went up to us. "Sarah B., what happened?"

"He saved me from Thomas." Sarah B. grinned. Vale's face turned pale.

"Takumi, did he tell you ANYTHING about me?" She asked frantically.

"He said you were crazy. That's about it. Why do you want to know?" Vale sighed with relief.

"Phew. No reason." She was obviously hiding something. But I let it pass.

"I finished getting pastries. Did you get the fruit?" She asked me.

"Yeah. Let's go." We waved goodbye to Sarah B., and walked out of the supermarket. As we were walking out, I noticed that Vale wasn't behind me. I shrugged it off and continued walking. After a while, I realized I was lost. I was in some sort of dark alleyway...