Chapter 12: Sanjiro

Sorry for not updating for a while, I've just been kind of busy with 6th grade, after all, I'm new to middle school. I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Vale's POV

"Hey, Shivani?" I asked. It was lunch, and I was sitting with Shivani, Kane, Yoko, and Akira. I wondered how Takumi got Akira to join us. All we needed now was Sanjiro.

"Yeah, Vale?" Shivani responded.

"How do you think Takumi will get Sanjiro to join us again?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"Maybe Sanjiro will make more time for us? I don't know." Yoko sighed. "I haven't seen Sanjiro in a while."

"Hey guys." Takumi sat down with us.

"Hey Takumi. Any luck with Sanjiro?" Akira asked.

"Nope. I can't find him. And I've heard tons about him. He apparently has short silver hair and green eyes."

"Yeah, that sounds like him." Shivani shrugged. I never really bothered to notice what people looked like. For example, Shivani had medium dirty blonde hair and green eyes.

"Hmph. I wonder where he is." Kane wondered aloud.

"I don't know. It's been a while since we've talked, but I saw him a few weeks ago." I shrugged. Every looked at me.

"What was he doing?" They all asked.

"Why are you all so interested?" I asked them. "Anyway, I saw him when I was walking to my choir. He was humming to himself on the streets."

"Did you recognize what he was humming?" Takumi asked me, quite curious.

"It seemed like... Oh." I stopped. The song he was humming was the one was the one that I always sang. Lost in Thoughts All Alone, was it? He knew the song?

"That's what I thought." Takumi ran off.

"What was that about?" Shivani asked. Akira grinned.

"He needs Sanjiro." She smiled. A smiled so innocent, it was almost unbelievable.

"For what?" I asked.

"The way home." And with that, Akira mysteriously walked off. What does she know? And how?

"Heh. That's just Akira, always saying stuff nobody gets." Shivani laughed. I had just remembered that no one from this group knew about where Takumi and the others came from.

"Yeah... Stuff that no one gets..." I looked up, wondering just how many universes there were out there.

"Vale." Everyone looked at me. "Somethings on your mind, we all know it."

"Heh. It's kind of freaky when you all say that in unison." I giggled. But their straight faces didn't falter, no matter how much they truly wanted to laugh at that.

"Tell us the truth." The spoke, not exactly harsh, but not calming either...

"It's just... Ever since Takumi and the others showed up, everything feels so... different." I sighed.

"Do you like him? You know... in that kind of way..." Shivani nudged me.

"N-No!" I shook my head vigorously. "Why would you even suggest that?"

"I wouldn't is the thing. I would only suggest that if you said those exact words. You seem different too. Not in a bad way, but you seem... better." Shivani smiled. "If you were going to go out with anyone, I would suggest him. I think he helped you."

"I mean... I guess I want to get to know him more... BUT NOTHING MORE THAN THAT!" I yelled at them. They just laughed.

"Okay, okay... We get it." Kane flopped on his back. We were laying under a sakura tree behind the back of the school for lunch. He rolled on the grass.

"Ooh! I'm going to join too!" Yoko joined, and soon Shivani too. They eventually pulled me into it.

"Man, sometimes you guys are such idiots." Leo walked over and sat down.

"Hey! We're not the ones who request tomato soup every single night!" I shouted at him. All of my friends looked over at him and giggled.

"Hey! Tomatoes are great!" Leo playfully shoved me.

"Fine. But I don't like tomatoes." I huffed.

"WHAT?" He screeched.

"Is your friend really crazy for tomatoes or something?" Kane laughed. "It's odd, but I won't judge him."

"Heh. I think you and I will get along!" Yoko grinned. I had forgotten that Yoko liked tomatoes. I should've introduced her to Leo a while ago. Well, I guess that I couldn't tell her then, mostly because I was avoiding her.

"Hmph." Kane huffed. Jealous much.

"Leo?" I tapped Leo on the shoulder.

"What?" He asked in an impatient tone.

"I just wanted to tell you that your SHOES are inside out. How did you even get them that way?" I told him.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE?" He screeched. He quickly started to fix his shoes.

"Well, it was just so funny watching you walk around campus, so formally too, and not even noticing that you had your shoes inside out." I giggled. Leo blushed.

"W-Whatever." He huffed. It was kind of cute when he was embarrassed like that... Wait- WHAT?

"Anyway, I came over here to tell you something important, Vale. Takumi discovered that Sanjiro knows-" I clamped a hand over Leo's mouth.

"If you're going to tell me something about you guys going home, I want to keep these guys out of it. Tell me somewhere private." I hissed in his ear. We went away from them to one of the study rooms in the library. There, Sanjiro, Takumi, and Akira sat across from Leo and I.

"Sanjiro, Akira, you know something. We all know it." Takumi frowned. "Why won't you just be straight forward and tell us?"

"There's a reason we can't tell you." Sanjiro looked at me, no emotion within his eyes. "Because of her."

"Why? What's wrong with me?" I asked.

"There's a real reason I left the group." Sanjiro looked away. "Because you're not from this world as well."

Okay, so I bet you saw the part where Vale thought Leo was cute. Don't worry, this isn't Vale x Leo. I know what I'm doing, but if you have any suggestions, (Please, I have writers block), tell me. Thanks for reading!