Chapter 16: Disaster

Okay, so this is a short, depressing chapter. Like, really depressing. Since this chapter was short, I decided to post it on the same day as the other chapter. I hope you enjoy, but I bet you won't.

Vale's POV

"Are you sure? I mean, it would be great if you came back with us, but are you sure?" He asked me, concerned.

I took a deep breath, thinking about my answer one last time. "Yes." I finally agreed.

"If you change your mind tell me. Now, try not to get the wound to open." Takumi wrapped my hand in a bandage (From who knows where.)

"Okay." I agreed. We eventually went downstairs and noticed the time.

"Oh! It's already 6:30! We should start going." Takumi pointed out. Trick-or-Treating.

"Yes!" I jumped up and grinned. We all piled out of the door and split into different groups. "Okay, let's all meet back here at maybe 8:00." Everyone nodded. I gave each group of two a watch and we all split up. Some of the groups were Elise and Sakura, Ryoma and Xander, Hinoka and Camilla, Kamui and Corrin, Azura and Leo, and etc. I was with Takumi.

"Come one! Let's go to this house!" We eventually loaded on candy from tons of houses. I checked my watch. It was 7:50.

"Hey, we should start heading back." I told Takumi. He nodded, I grabbed his hand because it was starting to get dark and I didn't want to get split up. Soon though, I felt a grip on my arm, yanking both of us into a nearby alley.

"Damn." Takumi cursed as we saw who it was. Kozan was pointing a gun at my head.

"I found out what a gun was, and decided to try it." Kozan smirked. I started to shake.

"Wh-What are you going to do with that?" I asked him.

"I'll kill you if you use your ice. I need to kill Takumi." He growled. I couldn't allow that. I could've frozen him right there, but I didn't want to risk him killing me and Takumi.

I started, "You son of a-"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!" He screeched, firing the gun. I closed my eyes, waiting for the impact to come, but it never did. I opened my eyes to see Shivani on the ground, lying in a pool of her own blood. "Damn you. I'll get you next time." Kozan ran away.

"V-Vale... T-Takumi..." Shivani whispered.

"NO NO NO NO!" I screamed. The bullet pierced her straight through the head.

"Shivani..." Takumi whispered.

"I saw him threatening you. You would've died. Vale, please live for me. Tell our old group that I cared about them so much. Takumi, Vale, thank you so much..." Soon after she said those words, she stopped moving.

Yeah. Short and depressing. Shivani's dead. I hope you enjoyed, but as I said earlier, I bet you didn't.