Chapter 14: Dying Hope

Sorry if I haven't been updating very often. In this chapter and more chapters forth, there will be violent, suicidal, and other mature themes. If you cannot handle these kinds of things, I suggest stop reading this. Enjoy.

Vale

"Hey, Vale. What are you doing?" Takumi asked me. I looked up. It was 1:37 a.m.

"Eh. I couldn't fall asleep, and I didn't really want to sing outside." I shrugged. I was in the kitchen drinking warm milk while using my computer.

"It's really late." He pointed out. Everyone had finished showering, (After Camilla took two hours), we all finished homework and got to bed. Except me.

"So then why are you awake?" I asked him. "You can't blame me for being awake if you are too."

"I was trying to find you because I had a question." He sighed. "What will you really do when we have to leave? I know that you don't want us to leave."

"Truthfully, I don't know. I care about all of you, but I care about my other friends too. Isn't it crazy that just a few days ago I used to hate you?" I asked him, changing the subject. Luckily, he bought it.

"Yeah. It really is." He laughed. Days past by until Halloween day came. We were supposed to wear costumes to school. Everyone that lived at my house for now just wore their outfits that they came with.

"Wow, it's so weird to wear these clothes again." Elise giggled.

"Yeah!" Sakura grinned.

"Heh. I feel great wearing these clothes again!" Takumi hugged himself. Kamui smiled and pulled me into the next room, as in my parent's old bathroom.

"Hey, Vale." Kamui smiled.

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"You've made all of us so happy. I just wanted to thank you. So, thank you. Sakura's becoming less shy, Takumi's seemed so much more open, Leo's become a little less rude... Just, thank you." He grinned.

"No problem! It's my pleasure!" I smiled.

"Oh, I also wanted to say that I've actually been feeling better myself. I've really needed this break." He sighed. "War is a terrible thing. It's kind of odd not being royalty for once. It's so peaceful here."

"Heh. Not as peaceful as you think it is when you really get to know reality." I laughed.

"Not as bad as war though." He smiled.

"True." I agreed. "Takumi doesn't know what will happen when you guys have to leave. What will you guys do?"

"Truthfully, I don't know. Corrin and I have been trying to get our minds off of that." He frowned. "Really though, I think we'll have to leave."

"I understand. You guys have a whole kingdom to run." I sighed.

"What are you two lovebirds doing in here?" Corrin giggled.

"Wh-What? H-He's one year ol-older than me!" I stuttered.

"So? You guys could still be dating." Corrin shrugged. I guess she was right, but we are NOT dating.

"Corrin, you're a handful." Kamui pointed out.

"And that's why people like you!" I smiled, turning Kamui's insult into a compliment.

"Haha! And I bet the reason why people like you because of how nice you are!" Corrin grinned. Then she left. My face scrunched up. The thing is: People DON'T like me. Well, not anymore anyway.

"Hey. Don't give me that look." Kamui patted me on the back. "I bet people do like you." He smiled, reading my emotions like an open book.

"Maybe..." I sighed. Then, it hit me. What was I going to wear?