Chapter 7: Similar Sorrow

Enjoy!

Takumi's POV

"Vale, how many people are in your family?" I asked her. She was going through something I went through by myself. If I had been near more people after Sumeragi, Ikona, and Mikoto died, I probably would've been just as crazy as her.

"Four. Me, my mom, my dad, and my brother, Von." She said in a low whisper.

"Von. That's why you were so mad when Leo and I knocked down the lantern. He made it, didn't he?" I asked. "And that photo. It was a family photo, right?"

"You got me. I thought that once you all left, it would be for the better. But after being so lost for so long, meeting you felt like being with my family all over again. I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO BE SO DAMN LONELY AGAIN!" She screamed, tears dripped from her eyes at an alarming rate. She sobbed and tried to wipe the tears away but every time she tried, more fell. I felt pity for the sobbing and heaving mess of the girl on the ground.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I asked. She looked up at me, tears still falling.

"I didn't want more people to treat me like I need a therapist or something. After all, that's how all of my friends acted. 'You should talk to a professional!' or 'Why are you living in a house alone?' That's what they said. Except for Namir, Sarah B. and G., Zadie, and Shivani. Shivani the most, because she had gone through something similar. Her mother died when she was young." Vale sighed. I ran up to her and threw my arms around her.

"You're not alone. My parents died a while ago. Reuniting with Corrin and Kamui made me feel so happy. Now we'll make you happy." I told her. There she cried for what felt like hours.

Sorry for such a short chapter!