Chapter 8: Family Broken

Since last chapter was so short, I decided to post twice in one day. This chapter will be kind of short too. Enjoy!

The line on the screen went flat. A terribly long noise came from her mother's machines. Flat lining. The worst way for a three year old girl's mother to die.

"Daddy? Why are we in the hospital? Is Mommy going to be okay?" Vale asked. The father looked away from his daughter.

"..." He said nothing.

"Daddy." The girl shook her father. "Daddy."

"What is is?" Her father asked, bags under his eyes.

"Where's Mommy?" She asked.

"She's gone. Dead." The Father stated flatly.

"What?" The girl's eyes teared up. "That means she's gone forever, right?" When her father nodded, she collapsed into a sobbing mess. Nothing mattered to her anymore. This was too much for her small mind to comprehend. Her mother was DEAD.

---

"Von, where'd dad go?" The seven year old girl asked her older brother.

"Do you really not know?" Von sighed. He was only one year older than his younger sister.

"What'd you mean?" She asked, staring at the drawing she was creating. It was her, Von, her father, and- she hesitated before drawing her mother. To not relieve the pain, she decided not to draw her mother.

"He's gone." He frowned. Vale had heard those words once before, never wanting to hear them ever again.

"Dead. What for this time?" Her eyes got duller with every word she said.

"Same as mom. Heart attack." Von shrugged. It was as if they didn't even care. They never cared about anything. As long as they had each other, they were fine. Until that fated day came.

---

"Vale, I think going to an orphanage would be our best option!" Von protested. They were deciding whether they should live in the house alone or go to an orphanage. Von had thought that they would never be able to survive on their own. But nine year old Vale thought otherwise.

"No! We're doing so well!" She yelled. "We can't give up now!"

"It would be a better option though! We're all alone in this house!" Von yelled. Anger boiled up in Vale. She released it all.

"DAMN YOU, SHUT UP!" Vale shut her eyes hard. When she opened them, her brother was frozen solid. She gasped.

"No, no, no, no!" She slammed her fist against the rock hard ice, not making a dent. "D-Damn. DAMN THIS WHOLE WORLD!" She screeched. And with that, everyone in her whole family was dead. Mother died of a heart attack, father of the same reason, and she had killed her own brother  because of pure rage.

Sad, right? I hope you enjoyed!