Chapter 13: Kozan

This is called This is Home by Cavetown, and I think Shivani would sing this song. You'll understand why later.

I've decided that I'll try to update every week. Sorry if I've been a bit crazy about updating. School's just been kind of inconvenient. I hope you enjoy this chapter! (I've been having TERRIBLE writer's block. Try to enjoy it anyway.)

Takumi's POV

I could not believe what I was hearing with my own two ears. Vale wasn't from here?

"Isn't it obvious? Things like her don't exist here! Ice powers? Songs that appear in your head?" Sanjiro frowned. "Of course, I know of that song as well for one reason and one reason only. I'm not from here either."

"I searched up about ice powers. They DON'T exist. I confronted Sanjiro about it because he seemed to have known a lot. Turns out, he really did know more than expected. He knew almost everything. The only things he didn't know was why she didn't remember coming here, why she has powers, and why they can't get back." Akira shrugged.

"No! I won't believe that!" Vale yelled. "I have so many memories from this place!"

"Where does your memory stop?" Sanjiro asked. She hesitated.

"My last memory... When my mother died-"

"Yes. I assume you would've had more memories from before that?" Sanjiro crossed his arms. Vale didn't know what to say.
"But that means mom... dad..."

"They knew. How would they not? It's either they remember you coming here, or they came with you."

"You can't just accuse these things!" I shouted.

"But this could explain things. Powers like that exist in our world. She also is good with a bow, yet she had never used one." Leo pointed out. "She also knows Azura's song."

"Do you think?..." I stopped. Everyone knew what I was wondering. "But even if she did come from our world, how did you know that we came from there?"

"It's simple, really. Bribing goes a long way. Especially when SOMEONE used money to get people into school." Sanjiro eyed Vale. "They don't even have birth certificates."

"H-How..." Vale looked away. "I don't understand. Really. This place is my home."

"It may be your home, but what defines home to you? What is home?" Sanjiro walked out of the study room with Akira.

"Vale?" I stood up. "Do you remember ANYTHING from before your mother's death?" I asked her.

"One thing. One. Snow." She looked down.

"The ice tribe." I grabbed her hand. We still had ten minutes of lunch left. I ran with her to a table with Corrin, Kamui, Azura, Felicia, Jakob, and others.
"Felicia." I addressed her.

"Yes lord- I mean Takumi?" Felicia stumbled over her words.

"Before we came here, were there ever any odd things that happened in the ice tribe?" I asked. She could tell that I needed the answer from the fact that my voice was so urgent.

"Hmm... Now that I think about it, a long time ago, when I was really young, they said that a girl from our village that disappeared. She was only two or three." Felicia shrugged. "I hadn't thought of it until now."

"I think I've confirmed my suspicions about Vale then." I sighed. Everyone looked at me oddly, especially the people at the table that didn't know who Vale was. "I'll tell you guys later." I walked away.

"Why did you have to drag me over there?" Vale asked.

"I think you're from the ice tribe." I concluded.