Chapter 6: No Regrets

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Vale's POV

"No, no, no!" I screamed.

"I...I...I..." Takumi repeated over and over. I threw down my bow, though I wouldn't be able to use it anyway. I pleaded for Takumi to put down his weapon. Shivani was a really nice kid, and possibly one of my first friends ever. I didn't know what these soldiers wanted, but I didn't care. Shivani needed to live. To my pleads, Takumi carefully placed down his bow.

"Fine, but let the girl go." Takumi frowned.

"Your command." The man shooed Shivani away, but not before having us walk away from the weapons. Shivani shot us a thankful look and ran.

"Who are you?" I asked the man.

"Kozan. Kozan Rellik." He answered. "I'm sure Pathetic Prince Takumi has heard of me."

"Yes, Kozan is a serial killer that has been trying to assassinate the entirety of the Hoshidan royal family for years. He's never been successful once." Takumi made it sound like it was no big deal, but I was afraid. "I bet he followed us through the portal."

"Where are we going?" I asked Kozan.

"Somewhere where I can kill Prince Takumi in secret. After all, I can't just kill him here. People could find me out." Kozan shrugged. Damn the fact that we were so far away from everyone else.

"But why do you need her? She's perfectly innocent!" Takumi defended me.

"She's the complete opposite of innocent. I saw something in her eyes. So many emotions. I have seen them before, but not this strong. Hate, fear, anger, sorrow, but also happiness and joy. But some feelings mingled and screamed louder than the others. Passion. Dedication. Also known as obsession or strong fascination. Possibly even a craving. She was slowly going insane before all of you showed up. That stopped the process of her becoming inhuman. In fact, it reversed it." It was as if he had known me my whole life. Everything he had said was true.

"How do you know this?" I asked him.

"As I said, I saw something in your eyes. But I want to find out what would happen if I broke this reverse process. Would you become something less than human? Would you still be human? Will you be like me? Or will you be even more insane than I?" He was crazy. Takumi looked at me.

"She would never go insane. No one could ever be as insane as you are." Takumi hissed.

"I want to see how far she'd go in order to save your life. She might even kill-" I slapped him in the face. Hard.

"Grr..." Kozan quickly cooled himself off.

"Yeah, I'd go pretty far, but I'm sure that killing would be a bit much. After all, if I kill you, I'd be just as bad as any of you." I growled. I could feel chill run through my fingertips, but I held the ice back. I wouldn't resort to that. Yet.

"Hmph. Let's see how long you can hold on to that promise." Kozan smirked. We were brought into a dark alleyway outside of school grounds. I noticed that Takumi wasn't saying anything.

"NOW WATCH!" Kozan was about to stab Takumi's chest with a dagger, which gave me barely anytime to think. He was frozen in position along with the rest of his soldiers. But a few managed to scramble away.

"Why would you do that?" Takumi asked me. "I had it under control!"

"I-I-" I couldn't answer. My head was spinning.

"You have to unfreeze them! They'll die!" Takumi shouted.

"Since when did you care?" I quickly threw my hand over my mouth.

"You would actually consider leaving them here, freezing to death? You're a monster!" Takumi ran away, back toward the school. I assumed he was going to tell everyone. I sat there, next to the frozen figures. I unfroze Kozan's head.

"Heh! I knew you were crazy!" Kozan laughed, an odd expression for the position he was in. Slowly freezing... Freezing to death... Eheh-What was I thinking?!?

"Maybe I am going crazy, but I'll always be more sane then you! You- slowly dying here. Your body temperature is getting lower by the second. Soon, you won't be able to feeling your fingers and toes, then your limbs, then you'll go numb. After that, you can watch your body freeze to death-" I stopped myself. I sounded like a serial killer.

"You're sadistic! I love it! I think you'll do great when you're older." Kozan gave me an insanely happy expression. I ran. The bell would ring soon. The entirety of the rest of the day, I avoided everyone. When I got home, everyone looked at me, untrusting looks on their faces.

"D-Did you a-actually kill someone t-today? Oh n-no..." Sakura stuttered.

"Why?" Hinoka asked. "They maybe a bad guy, but you didn't have to go that far."

"I could never imagine you or anyone letting someone die like that..." Leo trailed off.

"This is unacceptable behavior." Xander sighed. We ate dinner and did homework in silence. Then, it was time to go to sleep. But I couldn't fall asleep. So I sat outside.

"Am I really going crazy?" I asked myself. I laughed. But not a normal laugh, a sadistic laugh. "Killing someone... It felt... exhilarating." I started to laugh sadistically once more. But louder. More insane. Like I wasn't even human. Like... I was ruthless. Merciless. FREE.

"You really are crazy." I heard Takumi. I saw him take a step back.

"Oh! I'm crazy huh? Who's the one listening into someone's conversation?"

"You mean the conversation with yourself? We never should have trusted you. You're insane."

"Hm! Maybe I am! Maybe I'm NOT. But one thing will never change. The past. That man is dead now, along with another!" I sang.

"You've killed someone else before?" Takumi questioned me.

"Oh yes! I could never forget the day HE died..." I tried not to let any sort of sadness leak into my voice. "But he couldn't have been saved." For a second, I could've sworn there was some sort of sorrow and empathy in his eyes, but maybe I was imagining it.

"Tell me truly, where are your parents? You say that they'll be back next week, but you've made no efforts trying to get us back home. Tell my why." Takumi sighed. Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, but I dare not let them fall in front of the Prince of Hoshido. I knew after what he'd seen, I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"MY FAMILY IS DEAD!"

Thank you for reading, and please leave a comment!