Chapter 15: Suicide

Okay, so if you were okay with the other chapter, the one after this one will be short and depressing. You can stop here if needed, but watch out. Enjoy!

Takumi's POV

"T-Takumi..." Vale stuttered. "I knew this was going to happen, but I tried not to believe it. He sent me a text this morning that he was going to... commit suicide..."

"Why didn't you tell me? SAKURA, ELISE!" I screeched. I noticed the two girls running over. "Good thing this school allows 'props' for Halloween." Sakura and Elise were holding their staves.

"L-Let me see him!" Sakura stuttered, running up to him with Elise, despite the police telling them to leave.

"Kid, there's nothing you can do." The policeman frowned.

"Well, there's more for me to do than you!" Sakura retorted, surprisingly confident.

"Go!" Elise shouted while he was distracted. Sakura ran up to Namir and started to wave her staff around. Soon after, Elise did the same.

"What in the-"

"He'll be fine," Sakura concluded. "As long as you treat him well and take care of him, that is."

"Did you even do any-"

"Hey! Some of his wounds are gone!" A doctor pointed out.

"Just who are you?" The policeman asked them.

"Heh! Just two girls by the name of Sakura and Elise!" Elise winked and left the scene.

"As she said, he'll be fine." I smiled. Vale looked at me, surprised.

"Wow!" Was all she could say.

"Hey, you two. Do you know how she did that? You two look like it's normal." The officer questioned us.

"We don't know how magic works, but we do know that it exists!" Vale piped up and ran away. So did I.

"That was hilarious! The look on his face!" Sakura laughed as we got home.

"Yeah, I guess..." I looked away outside the kitchen window, remembering the days before Vale. When Sakura was shy. She's now ruthless. When Ryoma was serious. He's now like one of those soccer dads. When Xander was strong. He now just sits on the couch, watching TV, eating potato chips. When Leo was rude. He now has friends. When Corrin smiled. She now seems very stressed out. Almost nobody has been the same since we met Vale. Some changed were good, and some were bad. Most of all, Vale changed too. In the beginning, she always seemed cold to us. Then I realized that she was just alone. Soon, even she changed to be someone who I looked up to.

"Takumi? Earth to Takumi!" Vale waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"I asked you a question." She stated. "Sarah G. is inviting all of us to come to her pool party. Leo, Sakura, Elise, and everyone else don't want to go. Can you please go with me?"

"Fine..." I groaned. Pool parties. The bane of my existence.

"Thanks, Takumi!" Vale grinned.

"Remember: You OWE me." I stalked off to the room the boys were staying in.

"Did she ask you too?" Ryoma asked me. "Y'know, about the pool party?"

"Yeah. I said yes."

"WHAT?" Keaton screeched.

"Well, we owe her a lot." I shrugged.

"Why would YOU out of all people, say yes?" Leo asked.

"Is that meant to be an insult?" I challenged.