Schemed

You all were riding towards Wall Sina, right along the crawling titan. Ruby was still in the cart, but she hadn't taken her eyes off of Hanji who was wide awake now. You sat next to Historia.

"Let's put this all together..." Hanji said, "Basically, Rod Reiss was after the Founding Titan, the titan power inside Eren. However, unless it's in someone with Reiss blood, you won't get its true potential. Though, even if a Reiss obtains the Founding Titan's power, they're controlled by the First King's will and refuse to liberate humanity from the titans. Eh? Well, isn't that interesting... according to the First king, this is true peace? Now that's a weird way to look at it."

"Enough, Hanji," Ruby softly said, "That wound may not be serious, but it's taken you out of the battle for now. Save your strength." Hanji didn't argue with her. You watched them interact with each other.

'Normally Hanji never shuts up like that. She must really respect Ruby.' Your eyes flickered up to the aforementioned.

'And Ruby must care a lot about Hanji. So why is she never there, then?'

"In other words... we still have an option," Eren spoke up quietly, "If that titan eats me, Rod Reiss will return to a human. Which means it's still possible to have a true Founding Titan."

"Because that's worked out so far," you said humorlessly.

"Seems that way," Levi said from behind you on his horse. "We could capture Rod Reiss once he becomes a human. Undo the First King's brainwashing. If we could do that, it might open a path to save humanity." You crossed your arms and thought of the hundred ways that plan could go wrong.

"Plus, Eren... are you saying you're fully prepared to let that happen?"
Said boy slowly looked up and back towards him.

"I am," he replied.

"Don't give me that bullshit. You're forgetting our other option," you chimed in.

"Miss Y/n's right," Historia agreed, "First of all, the current plan is full of flaws. One, there's no proof that you can undo Rod Reiss' brainwashing. No matter how you restrain him, if he alters humanity's memories, it's over. Basically, there's too many factors about the Founding Titan that we just don't know."

'Took the words right out of my mouth.' You thought, letting out a sigh.

"True... even if Rod Reiss eats Eren, we have no guarantee that he'll return to normal," Armin turned to say to you all. Historia hummed in agreement.

"On the other hand, all we've ever known is destructive pacifists, but as it stands, the Founding Titan was taken from them. This is a once in a lifetime chance for humanity," she said. Eren seemed to come back after she said that. "Yes...  your father was trying to save us and humanity from the First King. He stole the Founding Titan from my sister... murdered all of the Reiss children... because he had no choice."

'A choice with no regrets.' You thought, looking up at the sky. Voices of agreement rang from the members of Squad Levi.

"That makes life a little easier," Levi said. You saw Hanji and Ruby exchange looks with each other.

"Hanji agrees with that choice, if it means anything," Ruby spoke up. All attention fell on her. "That's not how I would've approached the situation, but it's not my call." Her face suddenly got more serious as she spoke further.

"However, Historia, are you sure about this? Having a titan that big in the walls will cause at least some problems. Not to mention he's too big to restrain by normal means." Ruby leaned to the side and gestured with her hand to the titan. "You'll have to kill your father, and there's no way around it." That seemed to stir something inside of Historia, since she hesitated on answering. Her expression turned dead, then. No emotion.