Chapter 3

"I've been w-writing songs t-this whole time?" I asked. "Wait a minute," Stella chimed in, "so all this time you have no idea you were writing songs??" She asked me. I shrugged, "I really have no idea, I thought I was just writing poems or anything like that, but why would I care about whatever I write?" Stella opened her mouth to talk but the bell interrupted her. We stand up and grabbed our stuff since Thomas, Dylan, and Stella have the same class as me, "besides, it's not like I'm going to have a band and sing it in front of a roaring crowd, you know I become anxious with these things, Stella." I added as we leave to head to class and part ways.

We arrived into the gym for our next class, PE, and parted ways to change into our gym clothes in the locker room.

~time skip~

The coach is gone to let us take a break so I walk towards the benches where my water bottle is sitting to take a swig of it after a game of volleyball.

While I was at it, I feel something hard hit the back of my head, causing the water that I have in my mouth to spill out and choke me from it. I turn around to see Winnie with her minions holding a volleyball in each pair of their hands. "What the bloody hell was that for?!" I shouted unintentionally, which I end up making a scene. "Is it true that you have a dark side and your old roommate, Vanessa, experienced the dark you, psycho?" Winnie asked, trying to pipe me up.

"If I have a dark side, then show me your evidence, slinthead." I stated. She didn't speak up, just shoot daggers with her blue eyes. I scoffed from her speechless side, "that's what I thought." I turned around and pick up my bottle but one of her minions threw another ball on my head. "Oh for shuck sake! Stop it!" I hissed. 

Thomas' POV

"Oh for shuck sake! Stop it!" I hear Y/N hissed from across the room. I want to go to her and defend her from them, but Stella already did what I wanted to do. She has a drink in her hand, "I've got a better idea." she exclaimed as she tapped Winnie's shoulder. The ginger turned around and received a drink that came out from Stella's mouth. Winnie's mouth gaped from disgust then other guys came in the scene.

"Oi! you lots, that's my girlfriend you're messing with!" The guy spat out to Stella and Y/N. He was about to punch Y/N in the face as Y/N flinches away from his fist. I looked at Dylan with a worried face and rush into the scene to block the punch with my hand and used my other to return the punch. 

He was about to punch back, but coach McNue, our PE teacher, came in as he blows his whistle. "HEY! HEY! What's going on here, you little rascals?!" He angrily asked. "She spitted drink all over my face and he punched Derek, then Y/N hit me with a ball on the back of my head!" Winnie exclaimed, acting like she was the victim. 

Y/N's and Stella's jaw dropped because the coach believes Winnie, he didn't even let us explain, "Detention! The three of you!" I groaned in frustration as the jocks and the cheerleaders make fun of us.

~time skip~

The guidance counselor and our old music teacher, Ms. Jenny, lead us to the basement, where the other classes and clubs are banished just because of sports and only for building a bigger gymnasium. 

As we arrived to ms. Jenny's new classroom, we see Dylan and Kaya. "What are you two doing here??" Asked Stella. "I tried to ditch class with my boyfriend, Ben. I got detention while he only got a warning which is unbelievable." Kaya answered, "I talked about the principal doing a crap job on running this school, of course, he heard it and now here I am." Dylan gave his reason. "Well, guess we're stuck here for two hours." Y/N shrugged. "Alright enough talking and take a seat." Ms. Jenny demanded.

"Alright, there will be rules here: no sleeping, no eating, no tapping, no talking and no texting. Now instead of fiddling with your hands and staring in space," she paused and grabbed rags, "I want you all to clean this room and we're going to make this a big music room." She finished. 

She sighed sadly, "But, no one will ever join anyway, they're to busy at sports and that gymnasium." she grabbed a guitar and strummed it once and zoned out for a second.

Soon, she snapped back to reality, "Right, ehm, I'll leave you all here for a moment and talk to the principal about the Halloween night we're having on Wednesday." with that she walked out of the room.

~time skip~

Dylan POV

While we were cleaning, I can here Y/N quietly singing her own song whilst gently strumming the guitar, so I started making a rhythm by tapping my finger tips on the table. Then, Kaya started to hear her too, so she tossed the key hand to hand.

Soon enough, all of us played the rhythm. Me on drums, Kaya on keyboard, Stella and Y/N on guitars, and Thomas on the bass.

(just pretend you wrote it and play the song↑↑) 

"New Perspective" by Panic! At the disco 

I feel the salty waves come in
I feel them crash against my skin
And I smile as I respire because I know they'll never win
There's a haze above my TV
That changes everything I see
And maybe if I continue watching
I'll lose the traits that worry me

Can we fast-forward till you go down on me?

Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
And I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

Can we fast-forward till you go down on me?

Taking everything for granted but we still respect the time
We move along with some new passion knowing everything is fine
And I would wait and watch the hours fall in a hundred separate lines
But I regain repose and wonder how I ended up inside

Can we fast-forward till you go down on me?

Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
and I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

More to the point, I need to show
How much I can come and go
Other plans fell through
And put a heavy load on you
I know there's no more that need be said
When I'm inching through your bed
Take a look around instead and watch me go

Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
and I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

It's not fair, just let me perfect it
Don't wanna live a life that was comprehensive
'Cause seeing clear would be a bad idea
Now catch me up on getting out of here
So catch me up I'm getting out of here

Can we fast-forward till you go down on me?
Can we fast-forward till you go down?

After the song finished, all of us smiled and chuckled. But Kaya's smile disappeared as she sees ms. Jenny with a face that isn't really amusing to see. Kaya panicked and left the keyboard and immediately got to her seat then apologizing vigorously. We too put down the instruments we were holding and head back to our seat with our head hanging low whilst quietly apologizing.

This isn't going to be good.