Chapter 21

Your POV

Tell me what? They are already making a scene. I can already see everyone in this room have eyes on us. Including Thomas. Who had his worried eyes on me.

"Do you wanna know, Y/N? Do you wanna know what really caused you mother's death and why is this man always not there for you since the day you were celebrating your 4th birthday? hm? 'Cause I can tell you all of it if he can't." Aunt Julia snapped me out of my thoughts by asking these question. "Y/N, please Don't listen to her." Dad begged. "No Y/F/N! Let her know!" Aunt Julia spat out.

I am already confused on what they were talking about. "Did He ever told you about having another lady's child to deal with? Your brother?" my aunt asked me. I stayed silent, knowing that she wouldn't stop now. "Julia,
please-"

"Please? Please what? Shut up? Look at her. Do you think she won't Bring it up again if I just shut up?" She pointed at me, I was  already confused. While my aunt and my dad are arguing, Thomas suddenly approached my group and muttered, "I think it's best if we leave them alone." they agreed as he escorted them out. 

"What brother?" I asked them. "Tell her Y/F/N, let her know." My Father stayed silent, not knowing what to say. I looked at him in frustration. I thought we were all okay, but no, He didn't let me know anything. Aunt Julia groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose. 

"Fine, I'll tell her then," She grabbed a chair and sat down, "Your father has always needed company back then whenever your mum is always away for work every night as a call center agent. You know what I mean?" I looked at my father who is biting his nail, trying to not meet my eyes that is about to flare with hurt. I nodded her a yes and she continued, "Well, he found it. With a staff lady in a gas station whilst your mother is at work during the night. Then that's when you brother came, William."

"Where's he now?" I asked. "We don't know, his mum gave him to a foster home when he was a one year old." she answered.

"After that, he fancied another one, again, for 5 whole years with a woman named Edith, still married to your mum I might add. Soon, your mother found out. They got into a fight while you're at school. You know what he did? He abused your mum." She glared at dad. My eyes were wide in pure shock, turning into anger, now glistening with tears. "He realized what he had done and asked for forgiveness the next day. Of course, Y/M/N was too kind hearted and forgave him. He swore to death he will not do it again." she paused and sighed, "He didn't do it again all right. But he got into drugs, drinking and smoking. So that lead to explicit company, again." 

"Do you want to know where was he when he missed your recognition events and any other celebrations? He was in bed all the time with some hussies." She stood up, and walked around, John put an arm around me in a comforting way, "Last year, you were in a school trip, Yeah? He came home at 9:00 in the morning, still high and drunk from smoking weed and drinking, your mother was already there from work before your father is. She simply asked where had he been. But soon turned into an argument and your father became abusive. Of course I tried to stop him, but he was too strong.

"He suddenly brought out a gun and shot your poor mother. Multiple times. I screamed for him to stop until he sobered up and realized what have he done. Then he called you and made an alibi that a robber shot your mother. He was too selfish to handle the situation, so he packed his things and went to his lover, Edith. I called the police for him but he has been hiding until now." I suddenly can't breathe from all of her explaining. I looked at my father and he looked back, I scoffed and said to him, "Rock'n Roll, eh Dad?" 

"Y/N please let me explain. I was So stressed and I was ill back then so I left. I've seen Psychiatrists and doctors but they don't understand." dad explained. "You left Because of your illness? Because you needed time to cool down? Well what about my needs?! Where were you when I needed you the most? Where were you when I celebrated my years of living?" 

"I'm here now. I never meant to leave you. Please Y/N. I love you sweetheart. I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry! Please forgive me." He begged for forgiveness, but I am already filled with anger. "No! Enough!" 

"Y/N please-" he pleaded again, but I cut him off, "I said enough!" My voice cracked, tears already falling like a water fall, "Can't you see what you're doing to me?! I'm going out of my mind! That's not fair at all! It's not!" With that, I stormed off.

Thomas' POV

I didn't mean to eavesdrop, But I couldn't help it. Soon she opened the door and and flashed to the exit. I look back at her relatives. "I don't mean to be rude, but its best if you all go home now, I'll take care of it."  With that, I left, I already know where she is going.

I go grabbed my helmet and head to my motorbike. I revved the engine and drove away.

I parked my motorbike next to Y/N's Vespa as it appeared on my sight, which is in front of the graveyard where her mum is buried.I look around and find her.

There she was, bawling her eyes out beside her mother's grave. I kneel down her level and run my fingers through her hair. She looked up to see me worrying at her. Her Y/E/C eyes were red and puffy from crying. "Why is it always me?" She quietly asked. "Why is it always me getting hurt?" She asked to me clearly and shaky. I couldn't answer, so I just pulled her into a hug. She refuses, but soon melt into it from crying because she can't take it anymore.

"It's not fair.. It's not fair! It's not fair!" 

She kept on repeating those three words over and over with hiccups and sobs. "I didn't even do anything wrong  why do I deserve it?" She asked. She was filled with pure sadness and anger that she was pounding her fists on my chest. Not gonna lie, it hurts.

I calmed her down after a few moments but she is still sobbing. "I wanna be alone, tell Stella I won't be going with them in New York city. I just want to be alone. Please, leave me alone. I'll be back, but not tonight." She said to me while looking into space, obviously avoiding to look at me. I was about to put a light kiss on her forehead before I leave, but she flinched.

I let her be and left.

****

I knocked on Stella's dorm and waited for her to open it. She immediately did, but her face fell when she realized it was me. "Where's Y/N?" She asked. "She said she wanted to be alone and she made me leave." I answered. "Will she be back?" She asked another question.

"Yes, but she said not tonight, she said she will not be going to New York."

Stella nodded in understanding, "Okay, thanks for the information," she said as she was about to close the door. "Wait," I stopped her, "have you forgiven me for what I did?" I asked.

"What's done is done, Thomas. But I've already forgiven you." "Okay, thanks. Congratulations by the way." She slightly smiled and closed the door.

I head back to my dorm and plopped myself to bed. Not bothering to change my clothes, I fell asleep.