Chapter 4

Your POV

Silence filled the room as our head hung low and Ms. Jenny is still looking at us. "You.." she pointed at me. I hid myself in my hoodie, ready to take in the offensive words I have to receive.

"..WERE AMAZING!" She finished we all stared at her, dumbfounded. "You should start a band and join the battle of the bands next month! Maybe even perform on Wednesday!" She suggested. I can see Stella's face beamed in excitement when she hears the teacher's suggestion.

"Well? Aren't you interested? You deserve to be heard by people!" Ms. Jenny asked. 

Kaya was the first one to answer, "n-no, sorry I'm not interested. And besides, Ben also has a band, its called 'couple crashers', that will be performing on Wednesday and joining the battle of the bands next month and they're so good." Then comes Dylan, "Well they're not that good.. but I-I have s-stuff to do." Then here's Thomas, "W-we're not even a band." The counselor then looked at me, eyes filled with hope, I looked at her with only my eyes moving and mumbled an alibi, "I don't sing."

Third person POV

Ms. Jenny scoffed at Y/N when she said she doesn't sing. "Uhh, what do you call that singing voice you had earlier eh?" The teacher asked the black-hooded student. "I-It was a one time thing! Plus I don't want to sing in front of a million people, you do remember what had just happened the last 2 years on the stage don't you?" Y/N asked the music teacher. "Oh yeah, I didn't know you back then, but I remembered I watched you in a musical play then your voice cracked and you hurled in front-" the introverted girl shut Thomas off and glared at him, like she's threatening him that if he finished the sentence that she will knock the hell out of this boy.

"Come on! Don't you see it?? You are destined to become a band!!" Ms. Jenny enthusiastically said. "Yeah, guys come on.. how hard can it be?" Stella chimed in. "Well I don't see it, so I'm not interested." Y/N responded. They all stayed silent as the bell rang across the room, gesturing them to go to our dorm.

Your POV

We exited the classroom and head to our dormitories. If you're wondering, we aren't in college yet, the University of London required us to rent dorms from the Uni. Pretty much its like boarding school, but without uniforms.

Anyways, Stella and I arrived in out dorm and plopped into our beds. "You shouldn't have let the opportunity go the minute Ms. Jenny suggested it." I hear Stella speak up. "Well, I can't seem to do it, I'm too scared to flunk." I responded. She sighed, "I'm gonna go to the yogurt place nearby," Stella said as she stand up and opened the door to leave, "see ya later!" She said. I only waved at her as she closed the door.

I never really want to join on any of this, but I begin to have second thoughts. Maybe it's a good idea. But what if I got a panic attack? Or what if I hurl in front of the audience? But-

My thoughts are interrupted by the vibration of my phone, meaning someone sent me a message.

Meet me in the yogurt place in front of the Uni.
-Stella

I sighed and get up from my bed. Good thing I haven't changed my clothes yet.

I stand up and put some money in my pocket just enough for a cup of yogurt and grabbed my phone and keys. I walk out of the room and walk through the corridors, heading to the exit. In the process, I see Thomas near the exit, also heading out. I arrived at my destination and greeted Thomas, "Hey Thomas," he smiled and greeted back, "Hi, Y/N," "so, where are you headed?" I asked him, I kinda have a feeling that Stella also wants to meet up with him. "Oh, ehm, that yogurt shop nearby the Uni, Stella said to meet her there." He answered. She isn't gonna let go of this band situation, is she? "Oh, I'm actually heading there right now, wanna walk with me?" I offered. He chuckled and nodded a yes. "C'mon, I'm already craving for some frozen yogurt." I joked as we walked together.

It was a 5 minute walk from our uni. We entered the place to see the three of them, Stella, Kaya, and Dylan, sitting on a booth, enjoying their frozen yogurt.

I decided to order my frozen yogurt first before I sit with them, "You go on, I'm just gonna buy my frozen yogurt." I said to Thomas. He nodded as I walk towards the counter. "Hi, welcome to Trisha's frozen yogurt shop! May I take your order?" The lady on the cashier said. "Yes, ehhm, I'll have a medium size of classic plain vanilla." I ordered, "Any toppings for it?" She asked. "Ehmm, sliced almonds and gummy bears, please. Thank you."

"Alright, that would be £4.50." I gave my money to her. She put it into the cashier machine and started to make my order.

"Thank you" I said as I received my order. I head to the booth, "Hey, Y/N" Dylan greeted. "Hi." I simply said as I sit down in the very end of the booth. "I'm just gonna order my froyo." Thomas said as he head to the counter.

"Let me guess, you asked us to meet up here and convince us to take the opportunity to have a band. Am I correct?" I asked Stella. She grinned and nodded for an answer. Kaya sighed, "Stella, you know our answer is going to be a No right?" Dylan and I agreed with Kaya.

"But guys, this is the chance to be heard! Don't you want that?" Stella whined. "She's right guys," we turn our attention to Thomas as he came back with his cup of frozen dessert, "I mean, can't you tell that the teachers believes the jocks and populars more than the ones who lives behind their shadow? Can't you see most of the clubs a banished to the basement?" He exclaimed. Stella agrees with him.

"Okay, maybe I'll join.. BUT if it doesn't go on smoothly in the first practice, then I'm out." Kaya said. Dylan always goes with the flow when Kaya makes the decision. I can tell he's head over heels for that blue eyed girl ever since I've met them. But he knows she already has a boyfriend, Ben.

They all looked at me, waiting for my answer, of course I don't want to budge, I shake my head and say it in a monotone tune, "No" and they all whined like babies. "C'mon please? With a cherry on top." Thomas begged. "Then who's gonna write songs then?" I made an alibi. "You," Stella answered. "Wha-me? Why me?" I asked. "Because your songs are good!" Dylan stated. "Please, Y/N. Please." Thomas pleaded. My eyes widened as he used the phrase, it reminded me of Newt. How dare he? I looked at him to see him making puppy eyes.

I huffed in defeat, "fine." Their faces lit up and sighed a yes in victory. "If we're going to perform on Wednesday night, we should practice now, just one or a few rounds today and tomorrow we'll be practicing as much as we can." They nodded and stand up to leave.

****

We asked permission to the Janitor to barrow the key of the music room in the basement. Thankfully, he gave us the key.

We entered the room and closed the door. We grabbed an instrument to play and set it in the middle of the room, Thomas being the bassist, Kaya on keyboard, Dylan as the drummer, Stella as the rhythm guitarist, and me as the lead singer and the other guitarist.

I sighed and said,

"Alright, let's get this over with."