Chapter 14

WARNING: self harm

~Skip to Saturday~

Your POV

The whole 'I will help you' of Thomas was kinda working. Well, except for the times that ginger girl, Winnie, kept on pushing my buttons, Isaac has been bugging me, Sierra making goo goo eyes with Thomas every time we walk pass her. I felt the urge to hurt or beat something, or someone, up, even if it's myself.

Now I'm here, watching them play football (soccer) along with my two other friends, Stella and Kaya, around the crowded bleachers. With Kaya cheering for her boyfriend and Dylan, while Stella cheering for Dylan and Thomas, me on the other hand, was biting my thumb nail, silently cheering for Thomas. Cheerleaders chanting and tumbling, including the raven haired girl.

It was the last set of the game, one more point and our Uni wins.

Ben has the ball and he passed it to Dylan, then Dyl passed it to Thomas who is nearby the goal. With all his might, he kicked the ball into the direction where the goal is. The ball was moving like time was moving slow on my perspective. As if someone snapped the time back to normal, the goalie of the other team didn't catch the ball and the ball got into the goal.

The crowd that was here to support our team howled and cheered, including me. I was smiling like a slinthead at the time. The group of football players got into a group hug for a sec then pulled away.

I was about to go down and hug Thomas, but someone just had to get in the way.

Just as there was one more step to run into his arms, Sierra had to ruin it. I came into a halt as I see her placing her arms around his neck when she faced him. Is she going to do what I think she's going to do?

And just because of a thought of mine, she place her plumped lips to his thin ones. Thomas didn't even stop her, he just closed his eyes and kissed back as they move in sync.

All of a sudden I can't breathe, tears pricked in the corners of my eyes, my nose is slightly tinted in a pink shade from pulling back the sobs and hiccups.

That's when I make a run for it. Just in a flash of adrenaline seeped through me I sprinted towards my dorm to get my notebook with a pen that is sticking out and a razor that Stella owns. I rushed through the stairs and into the rooftop of the campus.

I sit down on the ground and leaned on the bricked wall. I start breaking down. I pulled up my right sleeve, I gripped the razor and placed it on my right wrist. Then slashed painful lines on my skin. I keep on scolding myself on every slash of the razor.

This is what you get, Y/N!

This

Is

What you

Get!

This is what you get when you let your heart win.

I said to my self between slashing and sobbing.

I didn't stop until I made twenty lines. Though the sobs and whimpers turned down to sniffling. I heard faint footsteps so I covered my wrist by tying my hanky to it to stop the bleeding and put my sleeve back down.

I grabbed my notebook and pen, I wanted to write something, but my mind is blank. It may be a song to play for the competition, but all I could think of was the scenarios that I had to take earlier.

Dylan POV

When we were being all cheerful and happy at that time, I saw Y/N, somehow she had tears shed from her eyes. I looked at the direction she was looking at to see Sierra snogging Thomas. I was about to approach her and ask if she's alright, but she ran away.

I looked back at the team and back to Y/N. I decided to follow her but at that moment she was out of my sight. I took a gaze around the corridors on every floor, realizing she isn't here. Until I noticed I haven't checked the rooftop. So I climbed through the staircases that lead me to the top roof.

I opened the door to the rooftop to see Y/N who had red and puffy eyes. I guessing it's from crying the whole time. Then she has her notebook opened on her lap.

By then she noticed me and looked at me. "I'm j-just writing the second song for the contest." She quietly said as she looked back at the notebook. I sat beside her and asked, "are you alright?" "I'm fine." She simply answered. I know she isn't but I let her be. Till then, silence enveloped us.

"How do you feel?" She suddenly asked with a shaky voice, filling up the silence around the room. I gave her a confused look. "How do you feel when you see Kaya and Ben together?" A new batch of tears are already at the brim of her eyes.

Just as I was about to answer, I hear a few giggles of a girl. Then Sierra came into view, flirtatiously pulling Thomas. You know, being all 'lovey dovey' with each other, they didn't even noticed us.

Until Thomas noticed the depressed Y/N who's glaring at them. Sierra then looked at us. "Oops," she exclaimed then looked at Thomas, "I think this spot's taken. C'mon, Thomas." She tugged on his arm. "I'll be right back at you, Sierra, just give me a minute." Thomas said. She then left.

Thomas looked at Y/N with concerned eyes. "Hey, are you alright?" He said as he walked towards her. A sudden look changed at Y/N; anger and annoyance. "I'm fine." She retorted as she looked away. "Y/N.." and that's when she snapped, "I said I'm fine Thomas!" The blonde looked taken aback, but still approached her, "Now leave me alone!" She snarled.

And just like that, he didn't hesitated to leave. She then broke down into tears again. I put my arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm as she laid her head on my shoulder. "It feels like this." I finally answered her question.

She continued to sob and cry until there are no more tears left.