Chapter 11

As I wake up on a Monday morning, I feel a bit better now. I might go back to my classes tomorrow. Even if I barely listen to the teacher's discussions.

But seriously though, if the days of the week are characters of the Maze Runner, Monday is definitely the Ratman.

I get up and swing my legs on the right side of my bed, feeling a little light-headed. I grabbed some water from our mini fridge and take a swig of it. I grabbed a book and my phone along with my earphones and sit back on my bed to read with music.

I played 'stk8er boi' by Avril Lavigne and turn up the volume. I opened the book and started to read until Stella wakes up. "Morning, Stella." I greeted without taking my eyes off of the book. She rubbed her eyes and said, "G'morning, now I'm just going to get ready and go to my classes, that okay with ya?" I nodded for an answer and stand up to grab the left over pastry last night as my breakfast. I don't really eat that much when it's breakfast.

Stella greeted her see you laters and left the dorm. Now I'm here in this room, alone, again.

I decided to finish and try to sing the song that me and Thomas were writing. So I grabbed my guitar, get my notebook, and write the words that suits it.

~time skip~

After hours of thinking and eating, I finished it.

I finished the song as I feel contented with it. Until I hear a quiet knock on the door. "Come in!" I said, being to lazy to open it for them. I turned around as the person opened it to see Kaya, Dylan, Thomas, and Stella. "Hey," they all said in unison. I waved at them and let them sit anywhere. "So I said that the song will be written next week, but my brain got excited and asked Thomas to help me write it last Saturday. Then I finished it while you're away." I announced. "Wicked! Could you play it for us?" Kaya requested. I grabbed my guitar and started the song.

(Again, pretend that you wrote the song and play it ↑↑)

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo doo)
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

I finished with a strum of the guitar, "How's that?" I asked. "Its amazing!" Kaya said with her eyes filled with admiration. "But..." Stella started. I looked at her with a puzzled face. "Ms. Jenny said that there will be a second round between the band winners, she advised us to prepare another song." She finished. I nod in understanding, "I'm gonna do that, but not today, just give me time and I will be finished with it before you know it." I replied as I smiled at them.

"Oh, right, Y/N" Thomas called, my attention was now on him. He opened his bag and handed me his notes, "Here, you can barrow my notes and return it to me when you're done." He said in a sincere way. I gently took it from him, "thanks, Tommy." I thanked him and I grabbed my school binder/notebook (wherever you write your notes on) and copied the most recent notes.

"So, anything interesting happened today? Any fights? Issues? Disgusting couple being all lovey dovey in public?" I asked as I copy and write the notes.

What? I like to keep myself entertained while I'm at it, the things I asked to them, those are my entertainment.

"Oh, that guy you gave a bruised jaw named.. Isaac? I think that's his name, have been finding you the whole time. Then he broke up with a girl named, Vanessa. They were making a scene in the middle of the cafeteria." Dylan said, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Like I care about those scumbags.." I said. "Anything else?" I asked them.

They then started to pull a cheeky grin except for Thomas. "The lead guitarist from Ben's band has been flirting with Sangster here, every time she walks pass us, she would wave her hand on him and say hi as she bites her lower lip in a flirtatious way." Kaya said, I stopped writing. I felt a sudden pang on my heart, but who am I to get jealous? He's not like my boy-

"Y/N? Y/N??" Stella snapped me out of my thoughts. I smirked as I looked at the blonde boy who is just looking at his hands in an awkward way. "Who's the lucky girl?" I asked them enthusiastically, definitely pretending that I'm not lost with my feelings. "Let's just say her name's Sierra, raven haired girl, pale, a cheerleader." Dylan explained.

"Ooohhhh, Tommy's got a lover here." I teased Thomas as my left hand clenched into a fist under the pillow that was on my lap and the other one tightened the grip on my pen, just to take the pain away, I faked a laugh in the process. They all joined me and Thomas playfully hissed, "Shut up and just go back to writing the notes." Our laughs died down and started to copy the notes again.

I don't know why, but my heart rate is being uneven, so I took a deep breath and let it out. The fist that was formed on my left hand softened, then I felt a stinging sensation on my palm. I looked down sneakily to see nail marks on my palm, indicating that I've been digging my nails into it.

~time skip~

After the chatters in the airwaves, I finished it and returned the concept notes back to Thomas, "Thanks again." I said to him. He smiled and said, "You're always welcome!"

"Alright, when are we gonna practice?" Kaya asked. "Tomorrow, after class as always" Stella answered. Kaya, Dylan, and Thomas nodded as they put on their bags and said goodbye. "Bye!" I said. They left and closed the door.

My face suddenly turned into a frown. Of course Stella saw it. "Are you just gonna gonna pout there or teach me the riffs and chords?" She jokingly asked.

I playfully glared at her as she grinned at me. I motioned her to sit in front of me and gave the guitar, "Alright so the riff and the chords are.."

I taught her the chords until our fingertips on our left hand hurt. We then get ready for bed; put on our sleeping clothes (mine's covering the permanent scars), brush our teeth, etc.

We lay down on our beds and easily fall asleep.