Chapter 29

~2 weeks later~

When Kaya and Stella heard about the accident of Thomas, they started to come with us to visit. I took a 3-week leave at the diner and compromised to my boss that I will do a midnight shift after my leave.

From that moment I met more of his family. His sister, Ava Sangster and his father, Mark Sangster. I didn't know Ava and I would be so close like we are really sisters. Every time I would see her when we visit, we would talk about mindless things or how she complains how Sierra clings to his brother or overreacts about everything. I know it's horrid, but its the truth. And some truths hurt. She's didn't even visited Thomas the past weeks, not even once.

Doctor Paige already took off the cast around Thomas' neck. I sit beside his bed and scanned his figure. Bruises on his face and entire body are slowly becoming a burgundy color. Some cuts are a tad dry. I want to caress his face. But I can't because of nosy people meddling around. If I could, I would caress his face as I hold his hand without people thinking he was having an affair.

My guitar was resting on my lap, I didn't even know I was quietly strumming. Like I'm doing a song in front of him. I strum lightly so Ava wouldn't hear. Soon, my head was filled with thoughts.

If I was his, I wouldn't mind at all. If I'm together with him forever, which is a long time, I wouldn't mind spending it by his side.

My mind suddenly controlled me and formed words together, sentence by sentence. My brain is filled with it, it rolled out of my tongue with melody.

(Pretend and Play it↑↑)

Merrily we fall
Out of line, out of line
I'd fall anywhere with you
I'm by your side
Swinging in the rain
Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze

I'm not afraid, anymore
I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

Carefully we'll place for our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me
I'm torn, I'm torn to be right where you are

I'm not afraid, anymore
I'm not afraid

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all

You so know me
Pinch me gently
I can hardly breathe

Forever is a long, long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all

"What a lovely song, did you made it?" Ava snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked at her and smiled as I nod. I looked around to see the others were gone. Only me and Ava were left. "Whose it for?"

I stayed silent. I don't want her to know, I don't want her to know that I love her brother. "It's for him, isn't it?" She suddenly asked as she nodded her head to Thomas. I shortly nodded my head, afraid to get her angry.

But she did the opposite. Instead, she hugged and smiled at me. "I definitely prefer you as his half instead of that Raven haired hag." She half jokingly said, but a little genuinely. I chuckled and hugged her back. The both of us rocked back and forth.

We pulled away, "Well, I'll be going now, Mum's waiting for me at home for supper." She stood up and get her bag. I waved at her a goodbye as she head to the door.

But before she could turn the knob and open it, the door burst open by none other than Sierra. Ava ended up rubbing her forehead because the door crashed together to her. "Where's my Brodie bear?! Has he been asking for me?!" She frantically asked Ava who is glaring at her for not even knocking on the door.

Ava just pointed at unconscious Thomas. Me, on the other hand, was just sitting there, placing my guitar down near the corner of the wall. I leaned back on the chair I'm sitting and folded my arms. I gestured Ava to go home and she nodded in response. I watched her exited the room and closed the door gently.

I looked back at Sierra who's already glaring at me, "Well look who finally decided to show up," I sarcastically said to her. "What are you doing here?" She asked coldly. "I might ask you the same question, mate." I scoffed. After 2 weeks she decided to be here.

She returned the scoff and said, "I happen to be his girlfriend!"

"Well I happen to be his... Friend," I got taken aback, "and If you are his 'girlfriend'," I put on air quotations, "then where were you in the first place, eh?" I sarcastically asked.

"I was doing something important! And don't make me laugh saying you're his friend." She paused and walked around slowly, "You haven't spoken for years!

"And now I suppose you want to make up with him now that you suddenly found him all interesting!" She retorted. I couldn't believe this girl.

"He's been in a crash, you daft dimbo!" I spat back, "And for the record, I've always found him interesting." I remarked.

She stayed silent, until Thomas stirred. "Ha! See? He senses my presence." She approached his bed and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry, Brodie bear, I'm here." She whispered to him. "I bet you'll be happy if I get lost, so enjoy your visit to him." I said calmly. I put my guitar back on it's case and put the strap on my shoulder. I stand up and stormed off.

But a grip on my wrist stopped me,

"Y/N... stay.. please.." I hear Thomas slur. I turn around to see Thomas, still unconscious, but his hand gripped my wrist. My heart skipped a beat as his hand slid down to my hand. I heard a sob and the door closed. Realizing that Sierra stormed off.

Ava suddenly appeared from the door, smirking. "Oh shut up!" I playfully said as a smile curled up on my face. I pressed the button that calls the doctor to check on Thomas from his actions earlier.

The doctor checked his eyes with his flashlight and turn it off. "It's a sign that he will soon wake up, someone has to stay with him until he wakes up. Will that be you, miss Y/N?" she announced. I nodded a yes as Ava's face beamed.

I didn't know I was still holding his hand. "Ava, I thought you're going home?"

"Eh, I couldn't help but eavesdrop, so I texted mum, saying that I'll be home late." She simply said. I laughed at her excuse.

"All right, since you're here, watch your brother and give him company for a moment, I'll just pack some clothes back in my flat." I stand up and grabbed my bag. "Okay."