Chapter 24

~the next day~

*school bell ringing*

Finally, lunch. One more subject after this and I'll be out of this hell hole. I sat on the usual table I sit on almost everyday, alone along with my food which consist of a chicken sandwich and water.

I was just enjoying the music that was blaring in my ears as I eat my sandwich while reading a book. Until I feel someone sit in front of me.

I closed the book I was reading and looked at the person in front of me, half glaring. "May I help you?" I didn't mean to be a rude person, but my voice sounded like one. "Sorry I just wanted to eat with you." He said. I sighed and opened my bottle of water, "Where's Sierra?" I asked Thomas as I took a swig of my water. "I actually don't know, probably obsessing herself with a mirror." He answered. I chuckled from his answer. "Are you going to the reunion we are having?" He suddenly asked, filled with hope. I shake my head no and said, "I'm not going, I have work to do." His face fell for some reason that I don't know.

We continue to talk more about school and other stuff, Until..

"Brodie bear!" I can hear Sierra in distance. Right now she is running towards us. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she pointed at me. What? I can't sit near your Brodie bear? I internally said to her. But this is what rolled out of my tongue: "I was just leaving," I grab my things and gave them a sarcastic smile, then leave.

I entered my last class for the day which is Economics. I took a seat right next to the window, as always.

Soon, my teacher, Mr. Stilinski, arrived. "Good afternoon." He greeted. We all greeted him back, "Today, we are going to learn about risk.." he wrote the word 'risk' on the board, "..and reward" he did the same for the word reward and put down the chalk. "Many investors use these two to..."

He continued to talk and I continued pretending that I'm listening to every word he says until he got interrupted by the bell. The students grabbed their stuff and head to the door, neglecting the pages Mr. Stilinski make us study, but I listened.
"Study page 253 for we are going to have a quiz tomorrow!" He shouted as the students exited the room.

He didn't seem to notice, but I was still there, "What does the quiz consists of?" I asked, making him jump. He put his hand on his chest because I gave him a fright. "Uhh, o-only multiple choice, t-that's all." He stammered. "Alright, thanks." With that, I left and went straight to work after I grabbed my stuff from the locker.

****

There were barely any people in the diner at this time, only one. But he was about to leave. Nice, plenty more time to clean. My boss is always not around so it was just me and my co-worker, Tristan.

His tattoos and piercings may look intimidating, but he's a teddy bear. "Hey, Y/N." He greeted as he smile at me while arranging the condiments. I returned the smile and said, "Hello.." I put down my stuff and wore my apron. "How's your classes?" He asked.

"Exhausting." I simply answered. He chuckled and continued organizing. "I'm gonna start cleaning now. Costumers can be really oblivious about their surroundings after they eat." I stated and grabbed a broom. I take my phone out of my pocket along with my ear plugs and played Paramore. I lightly bang my head from the rhythm as I sweep the floor across the place.

Soon, I sing along quietly at first, then it gets louder.

Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I got him where I want him now

Whoa, well I never meant to brag
But I've gotten what I wanted now
Whoa, it was never my intention to brag
To steal it all away from you now
But God does it feel so good
'Cause I got him where I want him now
And if you could then you know you would
'Cause God it just feels so-

*loud clapping*

The claps snapped me out of my daze. Realizing that I'm already holding the broom like a microphone. I stopped the thing that I'm doing and tracked the person who was clapping. Dylan.

"Dylan?" I called out with a smile forming on my face. He waved and returned the smile, "That's me!" He pointed at himself. "Hello Tristan!" He greeted my co-worker. The pierced boy greeted with a nod and a smile. "Wait, you know him?" I confusingly asked. "Yeah, we're neighbors." He answered.

"What brings you here?"

Dylan's POV

"To forcibly drag you to go to the reunion with us." I muttered under my breath. "I'm sorry what was that?" Y/N asked. "Uhh N-Nothing... now if you don't mind.." I lifted her up on my shoulder.

"W-whoa hey! Put me down this instant!" She demanded

"W-whoa hey! Put me down this instant!" She demanded. I ignored her and say good bye to Tristan as I reached the door, "Bye Tristan! Say thanks to your boss for me for letting Y/N go to the reunion!"

"Have fun!" He replied as I exited the diner with a person over my shoulder who won't stop hitting me on my back.

I reached my jeep with Y/N whining to put her down. "Alright I'll put you down!" I did what she's been wanting me to do but I put her inside my jeep and closed the door. I walk around to the other side and opened it. I sit on the driver seat to see a pouting Y/N glaring at me as I put on my seat belt and started the engine. I looked back at her, "What? You didn't say where am I going to put you down."

She huffed in frustration, "Listen, I don't wanna go!" She opened the door just to see Stella grinning goofily. "Well hello." She greeted Y/N. A smirk formed on to my face as I can sense Y/N being shocked and confused at the same time.

"How-Where did-wha?" She tried to stutter out words, but nothing came. "You are going to that reunion with us, whether you like it or not." Stella demanded. Y/N tried to speak up, "But-"

But Stella put her index finger on Y/N's lips, shushing her and went to sit at the back. "C'mon, Dylan, we don't want to be late." Stella remarked. I then drove away to the venue.

Y/N is just there, frowning in defeat with her arms crossed. "Oh come on, mate, we're just gonna eat." I said, not taking my eyes off of the road. "Well, we don't know that. Eating leads to drinking, and drinking leads to partying. And before you know it, I'm already sitting outside waiting for it to finish." She stated.

"Well we're half way to the destination, there's no turning back now." Stella chimed in. Y/N scoffed, "Like I have a choice." She mumbled.

By then silence took over.