Chapter 28

That's where I broke down into a shock. But I still talked.

"W-Which Hospital is he in?"

Barnes hospital.

"Okay, I'll be there, I'm.. I'm just gonna try to call his mother. Could you look up her number on his phone for me?"

All right, just a sec

I rested my phone between my shoulder and my ear and quickly grabbed a pen and paper.

Okay, it's (xxx xxxxx xxxx)

I shakily wrote down the phone number And thanked the doctor. "Okay I'll be there in 10 minutes." I said and ended the call.

I sent Dylan a text message saying the news. He replied instantly.

"Yeah, I know, it's all over the news."

Okay, meet you at the Barnes hospital.

Okay.

I then dialed his mum's phone number vigorously on my phone and pressed call. Waiting anxiously as my foot bounce up and down.

After a few more rings, it finally answered.

Hello?

Is this Thomas' mum?

Yes. Who's this?

I'm his one of his friends. Something happened to him.

What happened to Thomas?

A doctor called me because she couldn't contact you. Sh-she said Thomas got into an accident while heading back to the city. Another friend of his, Dylan, said it was all over the news.

What?! W-Which Hospital?

Barnes hospital, mrs. Sangster.

Okay, I'll be there. Thank you, darling.

With that, the both of us hang up the phone. I grabbed my helmet and keys then head to the parking lot where my Vespa is.

I sit down on the dark blue vehicle and inserted the key to the engine. I let it rev for a second and took off as fast as I can to get to the emergency room.

I parked the vehicle to see a lot of people in front of the ER. Most of them are 13-19 year old girls, trying to get in. Huh, must be his fans. I take my helmet of and put it on the top of the seat. I squeezed myself through the crowd until I can see Dylan waving at me.

He was next to a lady with the same dirty blonde hair as Thomas. That was when I realized it was his mum. I approached them when I see the doctor and the nurses surrounding unconscious Thomas and his bed, transferring him in a private room. But a tall, musculine man in a black jacket blocked my way. "Sorry miss, but fans are forbidden to visit." His deep voice said. Fans? Fans?! He thinks I'm one of the crowd?!

I scoffed, "Excuse me sir, but I happen to be his friend." I glared at the guy and tried to approach Dylan and Thomas' mother. But then again, the guy blocked me with his arm. "Nice try, too bad the others already used your excuse." He gripped my arm and roughly guided me back outside.

"Roger! What on earth are you doing?" I heard a motherly voice call out before I was back at it again. The guy responded, "taking the stranger out, she doesn't look familiar to me miss Anastasia."

"Well to me she is," she retorted to what seemed like their body guard. So-called Roger let go of me and I glared at him while I soothe my arm from his grip. "Come on," Thomas' mother guided me to Thomas' bed which they transferred it to a more private one.

Soon, we're halfway in front of the room miss Sangster led me to. "Are you the one who called me a while ago?" She asked, trying to confirm her suspicion. I nodded a yes with a weak smile. "Well nice to meet you. Thank you again for letting me know." She thanked. "Any time." I replied while walking. "Sorry, but I have got your name?"

"It's Y/N." I answered.

We stopped in front of the door. "Nice to see you, Y/N." she smiled at me and was about to knock the door. But a nurse came out and blocked the door. "I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to wait here until Dr. Paige has the results and finished tending his wounds. You can sit on the chairs to your right and wait with the brunette boy over there," He pointed to Dylan, "Thank you very much for waiting." He finished and got back inside.

~time skip~

His mum kept pacing back and forth while staring to nothing while she waits. While the two of us, Dylan and I, just sat there quietly. Dylan is spacing out while I bounce my foot up and down. When they say 15 minutes, it literally means a half an hour or more.

Soon, Dr. Paige came out of the room, facing us. "Your son's wounds and bruises are now patched up. Although, from a traumatic head injury, he got a concussion. So he will be unconscious for approximately 2-3 weeks. He will hear you when you speak to him, but his whole body has shut down for a moment." The doctor announced. His mother nodded in understanding, "All right, thank you very much for the information," she thanked her, "Can we see him now?" Dylan asked, impatiently.

Doctor Paige nodded in response and moved aside so she won't block the door to his room.

Here he is..

He has bruises all over, there's a cast around his neck, his once blonde hair that was dyed brown is covered with a bandage, cuts and bruises around his arms and legs. I covered my mouth with my hand to stifle the sobs that are wanting to roll out of my tongue as I tear up. I grow weak in my knees, about to stumble, but Dylan caught me.

Miss Sangster sat beside him and took a hold of his hand. Bringing it up to her lips to kiss his knuckles and lightly squeezing it. Tears are slipping out of her as she she caresses the back of his hand on her cheek.

We calmed ourselves down and just watch him rest until visiting hours are over. Dylan received a message from Kaya, saying that they will visit him tomorrow with us.

I begin to head to my Vespa and started the engine. I put my helmet on and head back to my flat with tears slightly rolling down my cheek.