Chapter 20

Y/F/N= your father's name

○○○○○○○●●●●●●●●○○○○○○○○●●●●●●●●○○○○○○●●●●●

Your POV

Here goes nothing..

"We will see you for the next round..." I closed my eyes tightly and slightly flinching, waiting for the answer, "The Scolded Owls and The Couple Crashers!" The audience cheered while us on the other hand have wide grins on our faces while hugging each other while being excited and happy.

The other two groups left the stage with a pouting Winnie. "All right, let's take a short 15 minute break, I bet you're all hungry." Ms. Jenny announced to us and the crowd. Some people left to eat or to talk to someone on the phone, some people just stayed to wait while playing a game on their phones.

We approached the music room to relax for a moment. So we entered it and exhaled in relief as we sit down on chairs near us. "I never knew we would reach the next round." I exclaimed. Kaya chuckled while slumping more on the chair, "Of course we would get there, we were fantastic!" She replied.

"You meant you three were fantastic." I rephrased. Stella put up a puzzled face as she looked at me, "What do you mean?" She asked. "I did a crappy job on playing the bass and singing." I stated. "No you didn't! If you did an awful job on it then we wouldn't get in this round." Dylan retorted. I chuckled and smiled, "Whatever you say, O'Brien." 

We continued to relax until someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened it to see aunt Julia and John. "You were amazing!!" She exclaimed as she gave me a bone-crushing hug. She pulled away and gave some on my friends. "Thanks aunt Julia." I looked at John and opened my arms for him to run in, because I was expecting a hug from him. But he was actually going to hug Stella who's behind me.

"Oh, okay." I sarcastically said. All of us laughed as Stella hugged back. "I'm kidding cous'." He said and hugged me. "You were all amazing." He said to us. "Thanks," Dylan looked at his wrist watch and said, "we better get back, we only have five more minutes." We agreed to Dylan and exited the room.

****

"And we are back!" Ms. Jenny said as she went between our groups. "Y/N, Heads or tails?" She asked me with a coin in her hand, ready to be flipped. "Heads." I simply answered. She flipped the coin and landed on her palm, I was hoping Thomas' group would go first. "Sorry, sweetheart, but the Couple Crashers are gonna go first." I just shrugged and looked at the other group and then at Thomas. We made eye contact for a second until I gave a firm 'good luck' nod. He returned it and I left the stage. I didn't even realized Sierra was glaring at us.

They started, but this time, Thomas is the one who's singing, not Ben. It looked like he wrote it himself, because he kept looking at me, which made me roll my eyes, because of his inspiration to write this song.

(Play it↓↓)

Okay, this just made me wanna get up there and play our shucking song for him. People applaud and cheered, but his gaze on my eyes that are filled with mixed emotions never broke away until Sierra tugged on Thomas' sleeve so they can get off the stage.

I felt guilt, but still broken and angry, but I don't give a damn about this, I just want to get over with it.

"What a performance, am I right?" Once again, howls are heard from the football (soccer) team and the audience. "Will the Scolded Owls top that?" The crowd screamed a yes. The football team made some noise, but it was filled with boo's and no's. "Well I guess we'll see about that." Ms. Jenny paused and looked at us, "let's give it up for the Scolded Owls!" She get off the stage and we we get on it. I put on the strap of the bass guitar and shake my sweaty hands before a grip on them. 

We looked at each other, like asking each other if we are ready. I give out a shaky sigh and nodded. I took one last glimpse of the blonde headed boy who is watching from afar. So then, we started it.

(Play it↓↓)

I placed the microphone back to it's stand while slightly panting. See, Thomas wasn't the only one who gave a message by singing. And that wasn't just for Thomas, it was also a lesson for me and other people who let their heart win.

****

Third person POV

Two groups once again are both on the stage with the host between them. "Alright, the winner's prize will be an exemption to all of the periodical exams and the remaining classes for the next week, because they'll receive tickets to a trip in New York city that was Sponsored by our school. It is booked on Monday so the winner better start packing." The audience laughed. The judges handed the results to see who the winner is. The music teacher read it and looked at the Scolded Owls with a sad expression. "The Scolded Owls," Jenny called out, their expression dropped. The Couple Crashers, on the other hand, have their lips forming with a grin filled with hope.

Y/N have this expression of a blank paper, expecting that they already lost, but she let Jenny finish, the host changed her expression to a goofy grin,
Y/N's group was dumbfounded. "You're going to NYC!" Jenny squealed to them.

They were happily shocked at the news and laughed in excitement. The hugged each other and shake the other group's hands. The audience cheered and clap for them.

****

It was such a good night for Y/N. The others' relatives who watched them were proud of them and went home after they hugged the group who won. Soon, all of the audience and the teachers and the judges left.

The groups are still in the gym, talking while resting.

"I'm so proud of you, darlings," Julia exclaimed. "Thank you!" They said in unison. John, who is beside Stella made a move on her, "you were great tonight." He smiled at the hazel haired girl. She returned the smile and said, "Thank you," she kissed the jet black haired boy's cheek. Which made him get flushed in red.

"Oh, get a room you two!" Y/N jokingly demanded. They all laughed and talked more about random things.

"There's my sweetheart!" Y/N turned her attention to the voice. She realized it was her dad. Her face lighten up and run into his arms, "DAD!" She called out while hugging him.

Although her aunt didn't seem so faze about it, she was worried and furious of the man. "Y/F/N, what are you doing here?" She angrily asked Y/N's dad. The Y/H/C haired girl got confused from her aunt's change of expression when her father came.

"I-I was just here to see my little squirt!" He answered. "Y/N, you better stay away from that man." She demanded sternly to Y/N.
"Why?" The girl asked. "Did he told you what happened to your mum last year? Because if you were that close to your father then he should tell you everything." Julia asked. "Julia please-" "I am asking Y/N, not you! Talk when you're being spoken to!" She cut Y/F/N off. "Let me repeat the question," she returned her attention to Y/N, "did he told you what happened to your mother?" She finished with a stern voice.

"Y-yeah, he told me a robber break in to the house and shot mum." The Y/E/C eyed girl answered. Julia scoffed and shook her head. She faced the teenage girl's dad with fury eyes. "You didn't tell her the truth, don't you?!"

Tell her what?