Chapter 8

"Are you stalking me?" I asked Thomas half jokingly as I stand up from my position. He scoffed, "Uhh, I think you are the one who's stalking me." He pointed out. I sighed, "Whatever, I was just leaving anyway." I turned tail and walk away from him. "Hey Y/N!" He called, I groaned and lazily turned around to face him, "What now?!" I lazily said, "you haven't answered my question a while ago!" He remarked. I rolled my eyes and just walk away, "Good luck on finding the answer!" I sassily said, still exiting the graveyard.

I was inserting the key to start the engine, until I hear footsteps from behind me. I didn't need to look since I already know it was Thomas, since we were the only people here at this day. "What do you want now?" I asked as I put on my helmet. He scoffed and said, "I'm just going for a ride to somewhere, don't get your expectations up." I rolled my eyes as I swiftly leave the cemetery.

I decided to go to the bushy park since its only 3:00 pm, I was thinking of going back to the Uni at 5:00 pm.

As I ride my motorcycle, I enjoy the breeze that hits my face and how the wind sounds as I go faster. I tried not to close my eyes from enjoying it because I don't want to crash.

Soon enough, I arrived and parked my Vespa by the entrance. I removed my helmet and shake my head to fix my hair without touching it and put the helmet down. I approached the pond of the park and lay on the grass beside it with my right hand being my pillow and my other sitting on my stomach, gazing upon the clouds of the afternoon sky. I closed my eyes to enjoy the peace and quiet, Inhaling and exhaling in the process.

I decided to take a picture of the sky with the trees and the shining sun above me with my phone. It was peaceful, quiet, it's relaxing.

"Look who's stalking now." Until the silence was filled with a posh British accent. My smile disappeared and my eyes fluttered open to see a sandy blonde haired boy, towering over me and blocking the sky. I sighed, "Just because I just got here doesn't mean I was stalking you." I stated in sassy way. He didn't comment about it and joined me looking at the sky.

"What are you doing here anyways?" He suddenly asked. "Does it mat-" he cut me off, "Could you just answer it properly?" I sighed, but I wouldn't budge, "Nope, I couldn't answer it properly." He chuckled, "Why not?" He asked, obviously not giving up on this. "Because I don't want to answer it." I shot back. "Don't you trust me?" He asked in a offended tone, "I never trust anyone after a whole lot situations I have been through, so no." I simply said, not taking my gaze away from the sky.I hear him sigh and muttered something, "I just wanted to know."

I tried to ignore him, but my conscience is making me feel bad. The soft me is taking over. "Alright what do you want to know?" I asked him, still having a little grumpy attitude. "Well, I wanted to know who you visited in the cemetery." He said. I sighed and sit up and looked at the pond, "My mum."

I felt him sit up beside me and put a hand on my upper back, "I'm sorry." He apologized, I sadly smiled at him and said, "It's alright. At least she doesn't have to live in this world that is filled with cruelty." I stated.

"How did she died?" He asked another one. "I was in a school trip last year. Then my dad called me, saying that my mum got shot by a burglar at home." I answered. I can feel a stinging sensation that was filling up in my eyes. I blinked it away and looked down, taking a deep breath to let it out. I begin to fiddle with my braided leather bracelet that was on my right wrist. "Did she gave that to you?" He pointed on the bracelet. I looked at him and nodded, "This is the only remembrance I have of her, I don't know what will happen if I lost it." He began to rub my back for comfort, then he changed the topic.

"What about your dad? Where is he?" He asked. "I-I don't know, he just like evaporated into thin air, like always. He just abandoned us. I never saw him since I was 4, my dad, that's why I returned the favor and never let him see me." I stuttered. He nodded in understanding. We lay down again and gazed at the clouds. "Now tell me about yours, who did you visit?" I asked him, he chuckled and answered, "I just visited my grandmother, I decided to visit her since I rarely do it." I nodded in understanding.

"What time is it?" I asked, since I can see the sun setting. He looked at his watch, "Uh, 5:00 pm." He answered. I was supposed to go, but I wanted to watch it sink down at be replaced by the night sky. I stand up and said, "I have to go."

"C-can we stay here for 30 more minutes?" Thomas suddenly asked as he sits up, like he was thinking the same thing. "S-sure." I sit back down beside him.

I can feel his arm go around me as the comfortable silence fill the place. I leaned my head on his shoulder as my eyes are watching the sunset. "Thomas?" I called, He responded with a hum. "If you tell anyone about the thing a while ago.. I'll beat the klunk out of ya." I threatened. He chuckled, "Alright."

Soon enough, comfortable silence has engulfed us, just enjoying each other's company.