Sorcery*

"Is this some kind of joke?" Arthur asks in a quick, bitter tone.

"A-ar-Arthur. I-I, this isn't. I'm not, I don't-" I stutter out only to be cut off.

"I ASKED YOU A QUESTION!" He yells. Angry. Very angry. I quickly think of an excuse and can't help but feel proud at my quick thinking.

"Sire. You were hit in the head pretty hard. You must've been seeing things my lord." I say, sounding a lot more confident then I felt.

"Merlin. You are going to tell me the truth right now. Do you have magic?" He says slowly, scarily calm.

"Me? Have magic? Ha! You've said it yourself before sire, there's no way a guy like myself could have magic, let alone keep it from you this long. This is a ridiculous question and we need to get you and the knights back to Camelot to be treated. You must've taken a hard blow to the head my lord, you look a bit flustered." I ramble quickly as I ready the horses.

"Merlin. I am your King and you're going to answer me with a one word answer right now. Do you have magic...?" He says in his scary calm voice again.

"I-I.." I stutter. Trying to find a way out of telling him. He hates magic almost as much as his late father Uther and I would be hanged instantly if he were to find out, but I still couldn't think of a way out of this. I was stuck. I had no choice. "Yes. I have magic..." I say quietly, my voice cracking on the almost inaudible words. I look down as I say it, hoping he doesn't hear and if he does, not wishing to see his face. Who knows. He might be so mad he'll kill me on the spot. I hear nothing but silence for a long while. It feels like hours but finally, I slowly look up to see Arthur's face, with so many emotions I can't read it. And a single tear running down his cheek. "My lord?" I ask quietly and meekly.

"After all of these years, I've trusted you. Thought of you as a friend and you've been lying to me. Betraying me. All of these years.." He says in a tone that would suggest he doesn't believe the words coming from his own mouth. I get angry and this statement. He thinks Ive betrayed him?! I've don't nothing but protect him and save his sorry arse for years!

"Betray you? If only you knew the number of times I've saved your life. Protected you and took your insults and teasing for years! I put up with it all because I had to keep you safe. You're my best friend Arthur. I would never. Betray you. Y-you ungrateful prat!" I yell, tears streaming down my face. I huff and hop on my horse. Riding off deeper into the forest. I hear him yell after me but I can't stay there. I have to go. If I don't, I'll surely be hanged. I ride and ride, until I have to stop so my horse can drink from a stream. I sigh and hop off sitting on a rock near the stream. So many times when I've wanted to tell him. Wanted to see his face light up and wanted to hear the words of gratitude. The King is such a prat! Why do I love him...? I quickly catch myself thinking that and stop. I don't love him. Guys don't love guys. And Arthur would never feel the same. He hates me. Especially now. I tie my horse to a nearby tree and start to wander around the area. Nature always calms me down. I sit down at a deeper part in the stream and reach up to rub my eyes only to realize I had been crying. I sigh and look at the water. A little figure jumps out and starts dancing. I laugh a bit to myself, I didn't even have to try to make that happen. I make little creatures from the water to join the dancing figure. I start to laugh and enjoy myself. But that's quickly ruined when I accidentally make a figure of Arthur. I immediately drop it and all the water splashes into the stream. I sigh once again. Maybe guys don't like guys, but I do. I really like him, even If he hates me and wants me dead. I slowly stand up and stretch. I make my way back to my horse and just before I emerge from the foliage I see the men. Two of them standing near my horse. Whispering quietly. I recognize them instantly and two of the bandits I had fought off. Shouldn't there be more..?

*SMASH!* just as the thought finishes in my head I feel an intense pain in the back of my head and my vision goes black. The last thing I see is the rushing ground beneath me.