Discovered*

*ARTHUR'S P.O.V*

There is no way Merlin is the most powerful sorcerer... is there? If so, why has he taken my shit for all these years. Why be a lousy servant.

"I know what your thinking Arthur, and no before you ask I can't read minds, and I-it's because I love you. I really truly do. I don't want to be like Morgana. I'm not angry. It's my destiny to help you become king. And I've done that. So now I just need to protect you." He mutters.
I stare open mouthed at him. He raises and eyebrow and looks up to see me gaping.
"Arthur. You're gonna catch flys," He smirks lamely.
I burst out laughing. I watch a look of confusion wipe over Merlin's face and I laugh harder. I lay back on my bed and laugh some more. I don't know why. I can't stop. This whole situation is just funny. Merlin watches me hyperventilate and chuckles too. We both lay like that for a long time.
After a while, our laughter dies out and we lay next to each other in silence.
"Why don't you hate me..?" Merlin asks. Almost more to himself than of me. I look sharply over at him.
"Why the hell would I hate you?" I almost shout at him. Why would he even think that. He knows how I feel about him.
He looks down at his hands.
"I just. I have magic. I'm a sorcerer. You should be throwing me in he dungeons. Not laughing with me. You should hate me." He mumbles. I sit up and lean over him, looking him in the eyes.
"Merlin. I'm not my father. I wouldn't be able to kill you if I wanted to. You know how I feel about you. Trust me Merlin. Because I trust you." I smile. He does too.
"Okay.." He almost whispers. I slowly lean down to kiss him.
And I leap up as the door latch wiggles.
Merlin sighs and sits up. We watch as Gawaine enters.
"Sire. We've called a meeting. It's now." He mumbles. Wow. He looks so, not Gawaine.
"Alright. I suppose I should get dressed..." I say looking down at my attire.
He nods and walks out. Merlin stands and reaches for my blue shirt. I smirk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So we don't know how she got in the castle, we don't know who killed her or how she died, and we don't know why she was killed, if she was killed." I say, grumpy that everything has gone bad in these past few weeks. Merlin stands somewhere behind me with his arms crossed.
None of my men answer. I sigh.
"Show me her body." I mutter.
One of my knights nods and we walk into a different room. She lays on the bed in a simple white gown. My sister looks so innocent. I walk over to her and place my hand on her face.
Her warm face.
Startled I place my hand on her neck, checking for a pulse.
There is none.
But how...? I turn to my men.
"How long ago was she found dead?" I ask suspicious.
"Quite a few hours ago M'Lord."
How is she still warm.
"Fetch Gaius immediately please."
I place my hand back on her cheek. She looks so innocent and scared. And not dead at all. Gaius enters and walks up to me, only stopping to bow his head in respect.
"Sire." He nods.
"Shouldn't she be cold?" I ask.
A confused look crosses his face. I look to see Merlin confused too.
"Excuse me sire?" Gaius asks.
"She's warm. She's not cold."
Gaius walks over to where I'm standing and places a hand on her cheek. Started he pulls his hand back. He looks over at Merlin and nods. The confused look leaves his face and is replaced with a look of understanding and... fear?
"What. What is it?" I ask, inpatient.
Merlin says nothing as he places his hand on Morgana, feeling her warmth.
His hands travel to her wrist and he pulls up the sleeve of her gown. He turns her hand over to see her wrist. A little black indent lay there.
"She's not dead. Someone cast a spell on her. She won't wake until another one is placed." He mumbles.
"She's not dead? She has no pulse!" I practically shout.
"It's true sire. Someone made her like this. Someone with magic. And this is a very powerful spell too." Gaius says inspecting the indent.
I sigh in relief. A sadness that had been overcoming me all day is suddenly gone. Evil or not, Morgana is my sister.
Merlin leans in towards me and whispers,
"I can fix her. I know the spell that can fix her and I can do it. If you wish."
I nod.
"Please." He nods back and he and Gaius turn to leave.
I sigh and watch him go. Merlin, Emrys, sorcerer. How has everything changed so quickly?