Rescued*

I didn't sleep at all. I lay in bed restless all night, thinking about Merlin. I almost went to check on him 3 times and I made it almost to the door one of the times before I turned and went back to bed.

He was probably fine, and me coming in would just annoy Gauis.

I try to think of better thoughts, but my mind keeps drifting to all the times Merlin saved me. I keep realizing more and more things that had happened. How had Merlin gotten the snakes out of knight Valiants shield? How did Lancelot kill that creature when none of us could? How did my father get the sword that could kill the summoned knight from the dead. How...?

Now I know how. Merlin. He's done it all. With magic. And I thought I would be angrier and angrier the more I thought about it. But Im actually happier.

I love Merlin more with every thought of him. Its weird to think that he's had it since the beginning... woah.

When he said he could take me out with less then one blow... he actually meant it. It's so odd. To think Merlin actually had a chance to beat me in a fight. Not like he's very powerful, if he was I'm sure he'd be evil. But maybe.. he did send those men flying, and I don't recall him chanting any spell...

Whatever. I'll ask him about it later. For now I do suppose I need some sleep. It's been how long? I close my eyes and almost instantly drift off into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YOUR MAJESTY? MY LORD? ARE YOU AWAKE?" An annoying voice yells from outside my door. I swear it has been 5 minuets since I closed my eyes but that wasn't stopping the lousy castle servant from knocking loudly one more.

"MY LORD? KING ARTHUR?" He shouts again.

"I'm awake! Jeshh.." I mumble angrily. I hear the servant open my door and notice it not to be a servant but the annoying Gwaine.

"Oh hey Arthur. Just thought you should know, Merlin's awake. Gauis sent me up here too get you." He smirks.

"Wait. What. M-mer?" Before the thought comes out of my mouth I jump out of bed and sprint out the door. I'm sure I look gorgeous with my dirty wrinkled clothes and my messy hair but it doesn't stop me from seeing Merlin. I make it to the door and suddenly stop.

What am I supposed to say? I've been thinking about this for days but now that the time had come my mind went blank. Before I can process more I hear Merlin's laughter coming from inside and I walk in. He doesn't notice me at first and I watch him a bit. He's across the table from Gaius eating porridge and still laughing at whatever had been funny. Gaius notices me first and stops talking and just kinda smirks. Merlin, confused. Looks up. He sees me and a huge smile spreads across his face. The smile is quickly replaced after a flash of pain spreads through his eyes. Terror? is he. Is he afraid? His smile disappears and is replaced with a frown. His eyes widen and he abruptly stands up and backs to the wall.

"A-Arthur.. I. I think.. I knew yo... I know that.. I.." Merlin painfully stutters. I don't understand why he looks so scared I mean. Even it I wanted to take him away to get executed I've seen what he could do. He could take me down and leave Camelot before I got back up. Or maybe he just doesn't wanna hurt me...

This was the first time I thought about the possibility that maybe Merlin likes me back...

I snap out of it and realize I'm standing here with Merlin cowering in the corner.

"I'm not mad Merlin... actually. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say any of that. I haven't realized until now all of the things you've done for me. And after all this time of me calling you weak. Who knows!? You could be stronger than I am!" I laugh at my "joke" and I assume Merlin would join but he and Gaius just look at each other and a pathetically fake laugh comes from both of them.

"Haha yeah. Man wouldn't that be ironic.." He looks away. Avoiding my face.

"Merlin, what is it... please. Don't hide anything from me anymore. I trust you with my life and obviously you've done a good job with it. Please. Whatever you have to say, nothing will change my opinion about you. I promise." I say happily.

"It's noting Arthur." Merlin smiles. "So you're not gonna chop my head off?" He asks laughing. A real laugh this time.

"I could never do that to you. You mean too much to me." I mutter this last part. "More than you'll ever know.." Merlin's face changes a bit and his eyebrow quirks up. For a split second I thought he heard me but almost as quickly as it came, his face was back to its goofy, normal state.

"Now come on. We have a lot to talk about." I smile. Holding out my hand. "What do you say we go for a ride? Far away from the forest." I smirk at my last remark. He steps forward and reaches for my hand but quickly recoils.

"Ohhh no. Not wearing that your not. Can you honestly not dress yourself?" He asks laughing.

I roll my eyes at him and grab him arm.

"Let's go idiot." I say smiling as I pull him out of the room. He follows willingly.