Known*

I don't think anyone can truly understand the pain of being shot with an arrow unless it's happened to you. It hurt to breath and laugh, which sucked because I do both of these often. I felt nothing as I slept but the second I woke I was groaning on pain. This makes my cuts from Morgana and her men feel like nothing.

But I still can't bring myself to regret jumping in front of that arrow.

What now though? What if Arthur decides that he had only said that in the moment of my death and that it wasn't true. What if things got awkward between us?

I sigh thinking about this. I groan trying to sit up for the 5th time since I woke up. Gaius has come in multiple times to check on me and change my bandages. I shooed him away many of these times, not wanting him to fuss so much over me.

In a futile attempt to sit up again, I manage to do it, only groaning a bit. And by a bit I mean a lot. I look around my room.

My eyes land on the book of magic Arthur almost, but didn't, see.

I laugh to myself. It seems as if I tried so hard to hide it, just for one silly mistake to ruin it all. But then again. My heads still attached to my body and I haven't been burned or hanged so that's good.

Bored of being in bed for so long, I flip my legs off the bed and make a lousy attempt to stand up. I manage to get to my feet and struggle to breath. After a few minuets of leaning on my desk, I get my breath back and move to my closet.

I should probably put some clothes on and get up to Arthur. I've seen how hopelessly pathetic he is without a servant and I know he can't stand anyone else doing his work. He can barley stand me doing it.

I laugh at the thought of Arthur dressing himself and quickly toss on my usual outfit. The medicine Gaius had given me not an hour before starts to kick in and I find it a lot easier to breath. I tie on my neckerchief and make my way out the door.

Gaius smiles at me. "I've made you breakfast. I didn't think you would be up so soon but if you feel like eatin-" Before he can even finish his sentence I'm already digging into my usual tasteless porridge. Gaius just laughs and sits himself across from me with his own bowl of food.

After I finish eating I make my way through the castle to Arthur's chambers. I knock once before coming in to see him still in bed. I huff angrily at this. I just got shot in the chest and I'm still up before him!

I march over to the windows and woo open the curtains, allowing a flood of light to fill the room.

"Rise and shine beautiful!" I shout happily.

Arthur just groans and pulls the blanket over his head. I roll my eyes. Might as well fetch his breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ARTHUR'S P.O.V*

I groan and pull the covers over my head. I hear Merlin sigh and leave the room. I peek my eyes open to watch him leave. I glare over at the now open windows. The sun is too.... happy. I glare more at it as if that'll close the curtains. Sadly, it doesn't and I groan pulling myself out of bed to close them. Just then Merlin comes back in balancing a wobbling tray in his arms. He sets it on the table proudly and smiles up at me.

"My I see you're already up Arthur. Why don't you sit and have some breakfast?" He asks cheerily. I almost hiss at him but the delicious smell draws me to the table. I sigh, defeated and dig in. Merlin smiles and goes over to my wardrobe. Picking out my clothes he asks me,

"Got anything planned for today?"

"Donnt tink soo." I mumble around my food. He just laughs and pulls out my favorite red shirt. I finish getting ready and Merlin helps dress me. I notice he blushes a bit at my bare chest and I just smirk. A knock comes to my door and I shout at whoever it is to enter. A knight, who just so happens to be sir Gawaine enters. He sees Merlin pulling down my shirt and winks at me. I roll my eyes.

"What is it Gawaine?" I ask impatiently.

His smirk quickly leaves his face and he looks down.

"Gawaine? What is it, what's wrong?" I ask now a bit worried. He looks up to me with sad eyes.

"M-my lord. Lady Morgana. She's dead. A message was left with her." He looks down once again. I feel an ache in my chest and choose to ignore it for now. Camelot firs, my grief later.

"The message was for a man named Emrys. Saying they know who he is and they're coming for him." Gawaine looks just as confused as I am.

"Emrys...?" I mumble. I notice Merlin tense up behind me. I look to him.

"What is it Merlin. Do you know of this Emrys man?" I question lamely. His face filled with dread and fear is quickly replaced with one of laughter and uncertainty.

"Must have the wrong kingdom." He laughs lamely. He turns away from me but not before I see the bead of sweat roll down his cheek.