Hurt*

*MERLIN'S P.O.V*

This time when I opened my eyes I wasn't faced with darkness. I look around and see I'm in a hut of some sort. I immediately see Morgana, her back to me. Working on something on the table in front of her, she doesn't notice my awakening. Taking this to advantage, I go to untie my wrists, only to see that they're... not bound? Confused I try to put my hands in front of my face only to yell in agony when I try to part them. Morgana turns around and smirks.

"I see you're awake Merlin. Like the bindings? They're magic, and they'll only hurt you if you try to escape them. The rope burn on your wrists is tremendous and we don't want you too damaged. Arthur won't be pleased when he sees his little servant dead either so let's try not to get you killed." She says turning back to whatever she's working on.

"Let me go Morgana. I don't know what you want from me but I'm just a servant. Arthur won't come after me either. You might as well kill me. Holding me for ransom will only get you disappointment." I mutter angrily.

"Kill you? Even if Arthur doesn't come, you're a warlock. I could use you. You could serve me Merlin. We could become powerful. You and me. Together. We could take over Camelot and I can gain the throne that's rightfully mine." She says. Turning to face me and kneeling in front of me.

Not caring of the repercussions, I spit. Right in her face.

"I would never serve you. You're pathetic." I growl. Her eyes flash with an intense look of anger and she flicks her wrist at my face and I instantly feel pain and blood dripping from my face, just above my eye. I bite my tongue to hold in my yell of pain and she looks disappointed I didn't cry out. The rage leaves her eyes and she wipes off her face and stand back up.

"I don't have time for this." She mutters annoyed and turns back to the table. The blood from my new wound drips into my eye and I attempt to blink it out.

"Morgana.. Please. I'm begging you. Let me go. I'm nothing to you." I beg as a last resort.

"Is there any secret openings into the castle? Perhaps underground?" She asks. Only turning her head slightly too look at me.

"No. Nothing. Let me go." I demand in short bitter responses.

"ANSWER ME NOW!" She screams, turning and slapping me across the face. Her ring cutting me and opening a cut on my other cheek. I show no response to her. Seething, she turns back and puts her hands on the table. Breathing heavy.

"Why is your temper so short Morgana? You have all the time in the world. Why send lousy men after us so suddenly. You could make an army but instead you attack us the first opportunity you have. Why?" I ask, my eyes squinted as if I can somehow see the answer in her face. She mumbles something and amazingly I hear her.

"B-because it's almost to late. Emrys is coming." She looks down lost in thought and I take this opportunity. I kick her legs out from under her and shout the easy spell that will drop the bindings. She hits her head on the table and passes out before she hits the floor. I quickly stand up and almost hit the floor again due to the blackness that fogs my vision. The dizziness from my blood loss clears shortly and I make a run for the hut door. But not without grabbing a bottle that looks important off the table and smashing it to the wall. I quickly run outside only to stand face to face with a horse. Arthur's horse to be exact. And just as I see his face I pass out once more. My blood crusted clothes crunching as I hit the ground. I look up with the eye that's not covered in blood at Arthur's face.

Just long enough to see him mouth the words "I'm sorry."