Lost*

*ARTHUR'S P.O.V*

We rode back in silence. Once the knights woke I didn't bother riding after Merlin. The knights asked what happened but I remained silent. I didn't know what to do myself. I had to sort out my own feelings before I decide what to do or who to tell. If anyone.

I've been pacing in my room for 3 days. Only occasionally eating the food brought to me by the castle servants. What do I do? Merlin's a-a sorcerer...? How have I not seen this before? For gods sake.. he's admitted it! When Gwen was arrested for suspected sorcery when her father miraculously healed from the water plague and everyone else died, Merlin admitted being a sorcerer. And no one believed him. We all thought he just liked Gwen. Actually, not all of us thought that... Does Gauis know of Merlin's magic? I need to talk to him. Yet I can't face Merlin yet. What am I to do with him? Do I execute him like my father would've? Do I keep him as a servant? Do I banish him from Camelot? And what of Gaius. If he knows... What do I do with him?

I stop thinking of this and instead think of all the times I've been saved by what I thought was luck. It was Merlin all along. After all this time of me calling him an idiot and worthless. He's saved me more than I can think. I.. I regret what I said to him. He haven't betrayed me. It's clear he's not trying to take over Camelot. He's been my faithful servant for so long and I snapped at him. I just felt so, hurt. And I instantly regretted it the second he rode off. He was right. I was an ungrateful prat.

And what hurt worse was the fact I haven't seen him in three days. I-I love him. He's a terrible excuse for a servant and a lousy cook... no. He's a great cook. And he's not the worst servant I could have. I miss him. I need to see him. Even if for a second. That's it. I'm going to his chambers. Now.

On the determined walk down to Merlin's chambers. I thought of how hard it would be for me to execute him. I can't imagine my life without him...

"Gaius? Can I come in?" I ask, knocking on the physicians door.

"Of course my lord." Gauis says. I enter to see him busying himself with potions. "Something you need my lord?" Some night mistake that for an annoyed tone but knowing Gauis he was just busy and not paying attention.

"I came to see Merlin." I say as if nothing's wrong. My heart sinks as I watch Gauis's face drop.

"My lord. I thought he's been with you. He haven't even stopped in in three days..." Gaius says confused and concerned. I quickly turn on my heel and sprint to the stables. It was then I decided that no matter what. I couldn't execute him. What happened to him. Where has he gone? What if he's hurt?

What if he's dead....?