Killed*

*ARTHUR'S P.O.V*

Just as I pull away from his beautiful face the knights come. They see the scene and stand there confused. I scream at them in rage.

"DONT JUST STAND THERE. SOMEONE TELL GAIUS IM COMING AND FIND THE MAN WHO DID THIS TO LIN....NOW!" I demand.

My knights scurry off.

My numb body filling with coldness, I lift Merlin's limp and bloody body into my arms. He weighs so little. So frail and small yet so powerful. I practically sprint all the way to Gaiuses chambers. I burst in through the door and he doesn't look up in surprise. Instead he motions to the open bed which Merlin had occupied only a little time before. I quickly lay Merlin onto the bed, his blood instantly standing the sheets. Gaius instantly gets to work.

I watch as he pours something into Merlin's mouth and rubs his throat until the mysterious liquid goes down. He than pours something into Merlin's wound. He removes Merlin's shirt exposing his bloody bare chest. He waits a few moments than feels around Merlin's chest. Getting the reaction he wants, he gets a grip on the arrow. He looks to me for a sec and his expression reads apologetic. As if he's sorry for what I'm about to see.

He looks back to Merlin and pulls the arrow out of his chest in a quick motion. I notice only a few inches of the arrow are bloody. That doesn't matter at all though. A few inches are all you need to hit his heart. Gaius puts his head on Merlin's chest and smiles. I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

He's breathing. Merlin's alive. For now...

I pace the room as Gaius works. I look over at Merlin every five seconds even though it hurts. Seeing his almost lifeless, bloody face makes if feel as if I've been shot not him. Gaius looks up in annoyance at my pacing. I take the hint and sit down.

I don't think I've ever been so silent. Gaius doesn't stop. For what seems like hours. People come in in a blur. Sir Gawaine stops by and gives me a pat on my shoulder. He smirks looking at me.

My eyebrows knight together in confusion. He just takes his thumb and runs if across my lips. He pulls it away showing blood on them.

Not my blood Merlin's.

My eyes widen in realization. He just smirks again and winks. Without a word he's gone. The day passes in a whiz, feeling as if hours have passed but at the same time not a second has gone. I remain in the same chair all day. Far enough away so that I'm not in Gaiuses way but close enough so that I can see Merlin's rosy cheeks.

I must've drifted off a few times because I would blink and Merlin would look different. More bandages. More medication. But his chest didn't stop moving. Not once. And if it had I think mine wouldn't stopped too.

"I love you too Arthur." He had said.

He loves me back. He's not disgusted. He doesn't hate me. He loves me back.

With this happy thought in mind I touch my lips and allow myself to drift off into sleep once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*MERLIN'S P.O.V*

What's with everyone trying to kill Arthur with arrows. I laugh to myself. I feel no pain. I can hear slight conversation and bustling and I think my eyes are closed because everything's black. I try to open them on more than one occasion but I'm just too exhausted.

"I love you Merlin..." Arthur said that. To me. Arthur loves me. He kissed me. Everything I've always wished for and I have to go and die right after.

Strange. I was at peace with everything. Nothing but joy in my mind but this thought set my black vision red with anger.

No. That's not fair.

That's not fair at all.

I struggle but manage to pry my eyes open.

And a flash of light and intense pain flood my every pore.

I scream in agony. My chest. Wow. I can barley breath. Nothing has ever hurt so much. Instantly I see Gaius and Arthur looking down at me. I grit my teeth and manage a smile.

"Hey A-Arthur. Looking ha-handsome as always." I manage. He laughs. Hard. It really wasn't that funny. And I really wasn't kidding but he just laughs and laughs until tears flow down his cheeks. I laugh to but my eyebrows are knit together in confusion.

"You're such an idiot Merlin! Next time you jump in front of an arrow for me I'm gonna kill you myself." The joking tone leaves his voice and the tears continue to fall. I've never seen Arthur look so sad. It breaks my heart.

"If I promise I w-won't die will you s-stop crying. Please?" I ask shooting for a joking tone but completely failing. He smiles at me and looks as if he's gonna kiss me but glances over to Gaius and decides against it. I smirk sadly. Wishing Gaius would disappear.

"I have to pee." I mumble. My eyes closing again.

This time Gaius and Arthur both laugh.

"Get some rest Merlin. I'm sure the moment you wake up Arthur will have you busy. Enjoy it." The first time I hear Gaius speak since I got shot.

"He's slept most of the week. How much could one boy need?" Arthur says feigning annoyance but I can hear the smirk in his words. My eyes close once again and I drift off into a very welcome, painless sleep.