Secrets*

"Merlin....? What are you doing?" She asks suspiciously.

"I-I.... I just came out for a walk... What about you?"

Her eyes widen like my question took her by surprise.

"Just... walking I guess."

I nod and kick my toe awkwardly. I look back up to see her staring intently at the scar she gave me.

Before I can stop her she reaches out and touches it. I can't pull her hand away because I'm blinded.

Memories of the recent past flash through my mind.

Morgana leaving.

Uther dying.

Arthur learning of my magic.

Morgana kidnapping me.

Everything.

I gasp and finally pull back. I see Morgana pulling back as well and we both gasp for breath and stare at each other silently.

I see many emotions pass through her face in a small amount of time, I'm kinda impressed.

Anger, confusion, back to anger.
She glares at me. I sigh.

"Morgana. Please. Just. Can we talk...? For once? Uther is gone. We're not rejecting your magic. Arthur wants to protect you... he loves you. Please don't be angry. Let me take you back to Camelot. Let's talk." I plead with her, watching her face get angrier and angrier.

"Merl-" She starts to say angrily but I gasp as a vision blinds me again.

I blink and I'm confused. I'm in the same spot. Morgana angrily and crazily yelling at me. I look around. Then behind her.

A man stands there. Dressed in familiar black robes. Holding a familiar bow. I cock my head at him as he fires an arrow at her back.

I gasp as I'm brought back to the present. I look up and see the bushes move, a black robbed figure emerging. I see him raise his bow and instead of jumping in front of another arrow, I jump on Morgana, pulling us both to the ground.

I hear the arrow whiz right above our heads.

I jump up and sprint at him. Surprised, he doesn't move and I tackle him. I reach for his hood to see who the assassin is but he punches me in the face.

I draw back and he untangles himself from under me and stands up, leaving me on my knees in front of him.

I look up just in time to see his knee connect with my face.

I fall on my back loosing my breath. I try to breath again but I get a mouthful of blood instead.

I roll quickly to the side just intime to avoid his foot stomping down on my face. I try to get up but he kicks me in the side and I loose my breath again.

I look back to see Morgana looking smugly at the fight. Doesn't she know I'm saving her!?!? I jump up quickly and send the guy back into a tree.

The man gasps and freezes. I see his teeth quickly turn back into a grimace as he says quietly to me, "Stay out of my way Emrys."

Before I can stop him he pulls his foot back and slams it into my side. I fall to the ground gasping for breath once more. I turn to watch him aim an arrow and the now frowning and confused Morgana.

My vision gets blurry and I struggle to keep my eyes open. I push all the power in my body at the strangely familiar man and watch as he flys through the air.

The last thing I see is Morgana's gaping mouth as I loose to blood loss.