Fought*

I blink and it's gone. I look back up too see Arthur still stuttering through his words. I hear noises in the forest behind him and dive on him. Sending us both to the ground.

An arrow whizzes above our heads.

Thats new...

We both look up stunned. A man all in black sits on his horse, shadowed by the forest. Arthur reaches for his sword, only to realize of course, he doesn't have it. I look to the man.

"Show yourself. Now!" I shout angrily.

The man trots forward and pulls his hood down. Me and Arthur both jump up and stand in a defensive position.

"State your name and reasoning or we will attack." Arthur demands lamely. He's said this so many times and the other person never states their name.

"Attack me? You and what army?" The man laughs. He has a dark laugh and a deep voice. I look at him more. His face, although still shadowed is viewable. He has blazing green eyes and a young face. I would guess him older by his voice but he looked to be about my age.

"No. Me and Merlin." Arthur glares.

The man just laughs again and hops off his horse. He shoots another arrow then pulls his sword. The arrow randomly goes off track and turns sharply left. Oh my how had that happened?

The man was too preoccupied with his sword to notice his failed arrow. He looks back up and starts walking towards us.

"I'll have you know, even with two of you, you don't stand a chance against me." Confident. Does he understand he's up against King Arthur and a sorcerer? He stops once he gets into spitting distance. Were all silent and no one moves. Then, movement. The man lunged at Arthur. I quickly retaliate and the man trips. Me and Arthur both start laughing. The guy thinks he's so great. He quickly recovers and pounces again. This time Arthur just jumps aside and the man face plants in the dirt behind him. Once again making a fool out of himself. He stands up. His face an angry shade of red. He starts stomping to Arthur only to trip on his pants that are mysteriously around his ankles. Me and Arthur just laugh as the man screams in rage. Arthur gets serious and looks at the man.

"Merlin shall we take him back to Camelot to be thrown in the dungeons for attempting to kill the king?"

"Why Arthur that sounds like a lovely idea." The man looks up surprised.

"K-King Arthur?" The man stutters.

"At your service." Arthur laughs and grabs the man by his shoulder hauling him up.

"W-wait my lord. I apologize. I had no clue of who you are. I would never bring danger to you. I came to Camelot to serve under you as a knight. I was told of the many dangerous people in these woods and I just s-saw you and attacked. I am so sorry my lord please. Allow me to serve under you. Please my lord. I will-" Arthur cuts him off.

"Yeah okay god. Well have my people check you out and we'll go from there. For now, you're going back to Camelot with us." I had already retrieved the mans horse. We first mounted and then the man. Arthur had taken his sword and had it at the mans back the whole way back to Camelot. Arthur leans over to me and whispers.

"Thanks once again Merlin. I don't know why you continue to save me but I am eternally grateful."

"And I will remain eternally faithful my lord." I smirk. And we both go back to riding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man sat in the dungeon as me and Arthur talked to him.

"Please state your name." Arthur said calmly.

"Caden my lord. 3rd son of King Melarian." He bows his head, still ashamed.

"Well Caden. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see you fight." Arthur says finally liking up from his nails.

"Oh thank you sire. Thank you so much I promise I won't disappoint you!" He says quickly.

"I wouldn't promise that so soon." Arthur mutters.

We lead crane outside to the other knights. Arthur, still not being in armour, sits on the sides with me watching. We watched Caden fight all day. I have to say, he's pretty good. Amazing with a bow and he's not the worst with a sword either. I stand up to stretch out and groan in pain. The cut on my stomach was mostly healed but it still hurt when I stretched. Arthur instantly jumps up and reaches for me.

"Merlin's are you okay?"

"Yeah. My cut just hurts a bit."

"Here, go down to Gaius and see if he has anything to help. I'll make sure to call you up with Caden's results. Done be surprised if you see me fighting when you come back. Go get some rest. You need it." He smiles this smile that I can't say no to. I trudge downstairs and meet Gaius making positions.

"Ahh Merlin. Your back. Hungry?"

"Actually yeah I am." Gaius instantly stops and makes me some food. I sit down at the table and watch him work as I eat it.

After a while I think back to the clearing. I saw that arrow in Arthur's chest before it happened. What does that mean? I might as well ask Gaius. Is there's anyone I can trust to ask this stuff to it's him.

"Uhh. Gaius. Something happened today and I don't know why or how. It never happened before.. " Gaius looks at me slowly.

"What happened..?" He asks cautiously.

I explain to him the whole fight screen at the clearing but leave out the part where I saw the arrow until the end.

"But umm. Before the arrow was shot, I saw it in Arthur's chest. I blinked and it was gone and that's when I jumped on him and if flew above us..." I mutter confused at myself.

"Oh. Humm. I honestly don't know Merlin. Are you sure? I've heard if seers before as well as you but we both know that they usually dream about this stuff. I wouldn't worry yourself too much with it. You need some sleep anyways." He smiles. Almost hiding the fact that he's not worried. Knowing him better though, I don't push the matter. I trudge up to my room and decide to take a bath before I go to bed. Willingly this time, I passed out.