Spells*

I don't sleep for the rest of the night, reliving every detail of the dream..

"Even if Arthur doesn't come, you're a warlock."

No. That can't possibly be right. Merlin doesn't have magic. That wouldn't make any sense. He's been here forever... someone would've found out.

I sigh and rub my tired eyes.

Maybe this is the future...?

I ponder on this for a while until I here a knock on my door.

Narrowing my eyes, I ask, "Who is it?"

"Morgana it's me Gaius." His old tired voice comes through the door clear.

"Come in." I say just loud enough for him to hear.

The old door creaks open and he walks in holding a small vial in his old, weathered hand.

"This is a sleeping draught I've made. It might help if you wake up in the middle of the night. Take it then."

He sets the vial on my nightstand and nods his head, leaving the room.

I sigh and walk to my wardrobe.

Rustling through my clothes I think about Gwen, and how I would kill to have her back. She wasn't just my serving maid. She was my friend. And I miss her a lot.

I've thought about getting a new maid, but no one knows how I like my food, how I hate when my sheets are tucked under my pillows, how I hate that one red dress but I keep it there because it was a gift.

There's too many things they would have to learn, and I don't want to put in the effort. I pick out a leather pants and a white riding blouse.

Grabbing a jacket, I look around for my mirror and can't find it. Sighing, I leave my room with plans to take a horse on a ride.

*MERLIN'S P.O.V*

I sit nervously in bed.

That dream. Why am I having it...?

It's so weird. It wasn't traumatizing and I'm not traumatized but what if it's a sign... what if Morgana is having it too..?

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. Why would I think that. It's obviously not the case, she doesn't even remember her dad's death.

I sigh and get dressed. It's early, too early. I know Arthur doesn't need me for a few more hours so I might as well go on a horse ride.

I get dressed and slip on my shoes.
I'm surprised to find Gaius awake and making potions.

"Good morning Merlin."

"Morning Gaius. Need me to do anything today?" I eye him suspiciously. He's awfully calm.

"No but thank you. I only have two deliveries and one is already done. Arthur told me to tell you that he had a meeting and wouldn't need you until a little later today. Where are you off to anyways?"

"I was just gonna go for a short horse ride. You know, get out. Practice some magic."

He snaps his head at me and gives me a look to quiet my voice before seeming to remember that I don't really have to any more. I give him a look.

"I know Merlin. But you still have to worry about Lady Morgana."

"I'll be okay Gaius. I'm being careful."
I nod and quickly step out. I sneak through the almost empty kitchen and grab an apple before slipping out to the stables.

I notice a horse is gone but don't pay much attention. It's not my job to make sure no one steals a horse.

I pick my favourite midnight black horse and tack it up.

I ride the horse out of town and into the nearby forest.

I ride out into a small open clearing and tow up my horse.

I walk to to the middle of the clearing and sit on a boulder.

I close my eyes and breathe in the smell of nature.

I open my eyes and look at the ground in front of me.

I feel my eyes flash and the ground starts shifting.

I smile at the picture the flowers jumped into.

A dragon.

I look up, and my smile drops.

I see Morgana at the other end of the clearing.

She hasn't seen me yet.

Just as I think that she looks up, and starts walking towards me.

Okay lemme just say; 7k reads!! sorry for the lame chapter. A lot of stuff going on in my life right now. I'm working on the next chapter. Sorry it took me so long to write.