Scared*

*MERLIN'S P.O.V*

They've found me. They know. But who's they? I desperately want to ask more questions but don't want to seem to suspicious. I laugh it off with a lame joke and turn away from Arthur and Gawaine.

My mind isn't only filled with worry. It's also consumed by sorrow and grief. Even though Morgana turned evil, she was still an amazing person. It wasn't her fault her father was the way he was about magic. It forced her away from him. Angered her to the point where being evil was the only way to turn. I just wish I could've helped her.

I had just saw her a few days ago. How had she died? I turned back around to ask just to be met with two pairs of suspicious eyes.

"Merlin who's Emrys?" They ask in unison.

"Why would I know?" I ask nervously. I can't tell Arthur. He would pointlessly worry. And what if he finds out that Emrys is the most powerful sorcerer. And that I'm him. No way. Not telling Arthur. Their eyes lower into a suspicious glare and I cut off their next questions with one of my own.

"How umm. How did she die? Morgana.." I ask looking down. Their faces go from suspicious to sorrow.

"We think she was poised or something of that matter. She has no flesh wounds. She also could've just been sick. Her face looked sunken and she was skin and bones as of she hadn't eaten in a while. She was left in the throne room and one of the guards found her. No one knows how she was delivered here or by who. We just found her not an hour ago. The message was rolled up in her hand." Gawaine says sadly. I nod.

"Thanks Gawaine. Please make sure her body is properly treated for and make sure a funeral is prepared for." Gawaine nods and turns to leave. I watch him go sadly. I've never seen Gawaine not happy before. He always has a smile on his face.

Arthur sighs and turns to me.

"Merlin I know you know something about this."

I look away.

"Arthur. It's nothing I can tell you bits something I have to deal with on my own." I sigh in defeat. Not playing innocent anymore.

"Why can't you deal with it with me? You've fought with me by my side for everything. Why can't you trust me enough to tell me?"

"Arthu-" I get cut off, his voice getting angry.

"Who's this Emrys guy anyways!?"

"Arthur. Emrys is the most powerful sorcerer.... he-" cut off once again.

"Then who's threatening him! Why threaten him!?" He sits on his bed. I sit next to him.

"Arthur it's none of you- none of our concern. We need to make arrangements for Morgana and see to who killed her. Please stop worrying?" I put my arm around his shoulders, half expecting him to shrug them off.

He doesn't.

He just looks at me. And then... kisses me.

I'm startled at first but quickly kiss back. I feel Arthur smirk.

"You know I really do like you Merlin... right?" He mumbles, not quite pulling his lips away. I just nod and lean in for another kiss. He teases and pulls away. I groan.

"Merlin... please. Who's Emrys."

I sigh in defeat and sit back up. I don't look at Arthur.

"Why is this bothering you so much. Can't you just tell me?" Me asks, sounding a little hurt.

"A-Arthur. I just. It's not inporta-" Man what's with him cutting me off?

"Of course it's important. God damn Merlin who is it! Why is it such a big deal if yo-" This time I cut him off.

"Because I'm Emrys Arthur."

He bites down on his tongue. I look away.

"Y-you're Emrys?"