Loved*

*ARTHUR'S P.O.V*

I had dressed in my armour and trained some with the other knights, still watching Caden from the corner of my eye. I have to admit. He's great. He had most of my knights beat. Not as good as me of course but I could use a knight like him. I had no doubt I would sir him. Just when?

I ignored it and continued training. My thoughts kept drifting back to Merlin. I was going to tell him. I was.

But then Caden came and I never got the chance. I couldn't hide it from him. But what if he didn't like me back? What if he looked at me with disgust. Hatred.

But that's the thing I love about Merlin. So careless. So gentle. No matter what I tell him, he won't look at me any differently. Merlin was more than a friend, more than a brother. I had doubts before but it's impossible to deny my feeling for him.

I start loosing my battles with my men and decide to take a break. I change out of my armour, with difficulty of course.

I would ask Merlin to help but I had no doubt he was sleeping. I sigh and start walking around the mostly deserted halls of the castle.

I keep my head down. Thinking. I hear footsteps but ignore them. My mistake. Someone clears their throat and I lamely look up. My heart sinks when I see the man. He has an arrow aimed straight at my heart. I look to see of i recognize him but not a single bell rings. He just smirks and before I can do anything the arrow fires......

And Merlin slumps to the ground in front of me. The arrow buried in his chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*MERLIN'S P.O.V*

I couldn't breath. Arthur, lying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. The arrow buried deep in his chest. Right where is heart it. The man disappeared. I reach a shaky hand down to his face. His chest isn't moving. He's not breathing. Why isn't he breathing? involuntary tears pour from my eyes. Blurring my vision.

And my eyes snap open. Arthur.

I leap out of bed defying my screaming cuts. I don't think I've ever sprinted faster in my life.

I don't know how I know where I'm going but my feet carry me away. I end in a hallway. Arthur is in front of me standing face to face with the man. He smirks and I leap in front of him and my eyes flash gold as I attempt to slow the arrow down.

Too late.

The arrow slows but not in time. I gasp as I feel it embed in my chest. It doesn't hit my heart. Or does it? I can't tell. The world spins and next thing I know I'm on the ground looking up at Arthur. I see him mouth something and it looks like he's yelling, screaming.

How come I can't hear him? He looks down at me with miserable eyes. I smile at his beautiful face and feel blood dribble from the corners of my mouth. He's yelling again. I can faintly make out his words.

"I lo... Merlin! I love.. and you're... going to die on me." A flood of tears flows from his eyes. I can make our what he says next perfectly.

"Merlin do you hear me? I love you. And you're not leaving me quite yet idiot. So hang in there..." His voice trails of. No. That's not right. He's still talking. I just can't hear him.

"I love you too Arthur." I say happily. Not knowing if he can hear me or not. He must've because he stops mouthing things and looks at me. My eyes start to close as he leans towards my face. The last thing I feel is his soft lips pressed to mine before everything goes black.