Chapter 4

Elliot
     She's such a strange individual. Maybe I need to go and rehack her.
     On the first hack I did, I must have missed something. It's very rare for a hacker to miss something, but somehow I think I missed something. Oh well. I make a mental note to go double check on her when I get home from work.
     I begin my trek to Allsafe and immediately wish that I didn't have to. There's too many people outside. I pull my hood over my head in hopes that nobody sees me. More importantly, the men in black.
     Ever since I hacked into Evilcorp I've been a little more... agitated than usual. I've been trying to make sure nobody follows me but it's getting more difficult. I've had this itching at the back of my head, right next to the part that doesn't allow good to exist, that's been sending my paranoia into hyperdrive. I know I should try to act normal, but what is normal when you're me?
     My mind takes me back to the first thing I was thinking of, hacking Sarah Collins. I plug my headphones into my ears and try to block out any outside noise as I try to remember any information I forgot to look for when I hacked her.
     Personal life? Check.
     Medical records? I didn't see anything that should alarm me, but that might be something I overlooked.
     Payment records? Squeaky clean. She doesn't seem to have any sort of online payment system set up, so that's a little surprising.
     I continue to think over what I possibly missed when I reach the subway to continue on my quest to Allsafe. I chuckle to myself (not enough to draw attention to myself) as I think about how they still have me hired when I'm the one who initiated the cyber attack on Evilcorp. Let them try to catch me. They won't.