Chapter 30

Elliot

     I return that night from my work party to tell Darlene that she has to follow me. I know that Mr. Robot and I are the same person, there's no getting rid of him. But maybe if I can get Darlene to follow me and find out what he wants to do, maybe I can finally figure out what is going on.
     I look over at Sarah's door and suddenly want to go to her. I've left her alone for a few weeks now, and I feel very bad that I have done so. Instead of going to Shayla's old door and going in, I walk to Sarah's door and knock.
     She opens the door and looks at me, her hazel eyes gazing up at me.
     "Hey," she waves me inside. "You're a stranger. I haven't seen you in a while."
     As I enter the room and look at her, I smile. I've always loved coming into her apartment, so clean and organized. I look over and see her bedroom with her laptop open.
     "Excuse me," she says as she runs off to her room to shut the laptop. I stand in her kitchen and breathe in the smell of spaghetti, which she must have just made recently. I look at her stove and still see a steaming pot sitting on the stove, hot spaghetti inside. I hear the bedroom door shut as her bare feet gently pad across the floor.
     "I was just making dinner for myself," she says, holding her right elbow near her body.
     "Oh, okay." I can hear the tension in the room. I clear my throat. "I just wanted to come say that I'm sorry I haven't seen you in a while."
She smiles a small smile. "That's okay Elliot. You've been busy and I can respect that." she sighs. "I've missed you, Elliot."
I've missed her too, but it feels like a risk to tell her that. I do care about her. I truly do. But sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm making this up, that I really like her and that she really likes me back. I try my hardest to believe in her, and to believe in us, but sometimes, in this world, it seems impossible.
     "What are your plans for the rest of the night?" she asks me, looking at me as though she is genuinely curious.
     "Well, I don't really have anything that I'm planning on doing tonight, how about you?" I ask, knowing full well what I have planned. But as I said before, I don't want to tell her. She worries about me too much. I don't want her to worry about me when she doesn't have to.
     "Oh, okay." She sighs. I wish there was something I could do to help her, but there isn't.
     "I'm actually kind of tired right now. I've had a long day," I say, yawning to emphasize my point. She smiles an understanding smile.
     "Okay." she walks over to me and gently kisses me. "It was nice seeing you."
     I don't want to leave her. She's too good for me.
     "Good night Sarah."

A/N

HEY GUYS! Sorry this chapter took me forever to write. I finished my junior year of college (one more to go!), but I've been keeping pretty busy since I finished the semester. Be looking for new parts on this and my other fanfics. :) Thank you guys so much for reading and sticking with me! :) I appreciate all of you.